Chrysler Declairing Bankruptcy

great spelling of the word “declairing”.

If I lose the lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty on the Jeep, I’m going to be pissed.

meh. I’m pretty sure I dont own anything made by them… Fuck em…

err wait yeah I do, but it is for sale… :rofl: :doh:

Chrysler reminds me of a homeless guy talking himself. Walk by and not give a shit.

Kinda sad. Should be interesting to see if GM follows suit right after.

they’re not going anywhere… this just gives them the ability to tell their lenders and the union to a point to fuck off and gives them the freedom to do a major restructuring of the company.

Im glad i just bought a chrysler.

This isn’t news, it’s just a status update since the government’s “sign with Fiat by April 30 or you’re filing” ultimatum has been in place for a while now. GM has also been “preparing” to file for bankruptcy, even though they still have time to get their “viability plan” approved.

If Fiat doesn’t get in on this, they have stated that they will be looking at the option of doing the same kind of deal with Opel. If Chrysler goes now, it might give GM some more traction, assuming they can actually ink a deal.

Yeah…things are looking good at GM… :rolleyes:

GM Fund Manager Sells All Employee Shares on Bankruptcy Risk

GM fell 92 percent over the last year and is operating with $13.4 billion in U.S. loans. President Barack Obama has given the Detroit-based automaker until June 1 to restructure its debts or file for bankruptcy court protection from creditors.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a99lbsWMauyw&refer=home

if the bankruptcy goes through, how do you guys think it will affect the resale value of the cars? Particularly the 300c / charger rt?

I dunno, Deloreans seem to be in circulation even today, and holding their value.

It will depend on the the way it’s structured. It might not affect car values much at all. Assuming the company gets basically shut down, the high-end ones that people like should be pretty good, maybe even more valuable. The cheapo commuter car POS types, and fleet cars will likely be worth much less due to the lack of service centers.