civic over heating?

get a stock gasket from any 5th gen sohc (they are all the same). thats when they switched to the mls gasket. the old paper gaskets are shit.

you NEED new head bolts. they are torque to yeild.

alright, what year is 5th gen?

today i took it to a guy who put a straight edge across the head and used a feeler gauge and told me i need to get it milled. and that there is also some pitting that will need to be removed. tomorrow im going to go find out how much will be milled off, can i get a thicker head gasket to keep the compression/ timing the same or just go with it?

anyone have a head i can buy/have/trade that is known good and straight? i got quoted 50ish to get it decked, and i have to completely disassemble the head first, that will be a fun task tomorrow morning. and if he has to take too much i either have to get a shim(?) thicker hg, or a new head…

if he’s got to take a lot off, you could go to a thicker headgasket to make up the difference.

did u ever check the rad cap? you could have a defective one thats not allowing the system to build to the proper pressure thus causing premature boilover. the excess fluid boils over into the reservoir tank and overflows which could explain the coolant loss.

its not super common but i’ve seen it happen

how old is the waterpump?

well now that you said something the surface that the cap mounts too is sort of not as smooth as id like it. so maybe a new rad is due. but regardless the head is warped now

i did the water pump, timing belt, plugs, wires, full width rad, flushed tranny, gas tank all in october when i got it…

just get the head milled you will be good if its just your dd.

can someone confirm part #s for me from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...artsSearch.jsp

im not sure which year to pick to get the mls hg, and which year bolts to get, since everything has a diff price. i searched for the 93 and both the hg and bolts were more expensive than for a 2000. i dont want to get the wrong parts though

thanks for everything…