NEED HELP ASAP

i have a 1997 Civic CX completely stock and it had the intake the fed from the top so i acquired a Y8 intake which i believe is off of a 99-00 civic and tuesday started to install it well things were going good until i started having problems with vaccum lines and where to put them i believe they are all where they should be now but on start up the car jumps to 3k rpms then hangs there for like 2 min then bounces between 1k and 2k and now my oil is all white and gummy from water im stuck

i thought there might be a vaccum leak but i cant seem to find one

any ideas one what is wrong and how to fix is welcome ill try to get pics of the setup tomorrow if anyone needs them

try checking the intake gasket and head gasket. but you might have a vaccum leak somewhere i had the same problem but mine was leaking out of the gasket so the intake pressure wasnt stable because it was leaking

i have it to where it only jumps once in awhile but it idles at 1500 i adjusted the idle air control and it didnt really change anything i checked the gasket and its not leaking anywhere

Did you check to see if the coolant passages match up properly? If your oil turned milky you have a gasket issue…sort that out before you search for vacuum leaks. I can’t remember what d-series compatability is.

check throttle body gasket too

do you have a d16y7 or the d15y7 if you have whatever one how come you dont do a frankenstein swap change the heads add some vtec in the mix. its easy to do and make the car alittle quicker

you sound like quik, having 5 projects at once