CJRando's 99 BMW M3

Beautiful M3, Check out those new M1’s!

1 series M.

M1 is a legit supercar, hence why BMW won’t call it an M1.

Yeah, and sony cheaped out on GT5 and put the 1 series in the game, but didn’t with the M1 :crazy

FFFffff GT5, i got my M1 in forza… sickk lil car

My bad, 1 series M

Lol, I have a feeling you’ll be a Forza guy once 4 comes out 9/1. I’ll even give you my XB360 for it lol.

can’t do xbox controllers…

That’s why you’ll have a wheel.

Great job “cleaning” her up and updating your progress

I’ve been doing some preventive maintenance while I’m waiting to replace the head gasket and properly set the timing. I just put the new slave in. I pulled the car onto my street, to back it into my driveway, when I heard another pop. The rear brake line exploded. The last person, to mess with the brakes, didn’t bolt the line back to the bracket. The brake line was rubbing on the drive axle. It eventually wore through. I guess this was the next weakest link in the system. Needless to say, I bought Goodridge stainless brake lines and am in the process of rebuilding each caliper. I’m glad it broke in my driveway, not on the highway.

Wow, glad to hear it wasn’t a worst case scenario with the brake line!

Makes you wonder why the previous owner was messing with the line to begin with.

It looks like the rear pads were recently replaced, within the last year or so. They could have at least put it back together properly. Especially when it your brakes!

My front crank seal decided to quit on we last week and my wire harness had a meltdown in the front of the vehicle (head lights, turn signals, ect.) I cut the harness apart to find a few wires spliced together incorrectly. They weren’t soldered, just twisted and taped. A couple of them shorted together which caused the meltdown. Luckily the fuses stopped further damage. I was able to scavenge some new plugs, off of a wrecked 318ti, to connect my headlights, as those melted down. I also replaced a few other connections as most of mine were dry rotted like the oil temperature sensor and the IAT plug. I spent all day today redoing the harness, replacing the front crank seal, oil pan gasket, and anything else that was messed up. The only thing that has not been replaced on the engine are the rings and rod bearings at this point. I compression tested it at 190 across. Once its back together I’m getting an OEM hood and a fresh paint job in Alpine White. This has been one hell of a project thus far. Here’s a before and as of today comparison of the engine:

Before:

Today:

Looks a ton better!

wow what a difference since I last seen it

It’s coming along slowly. I just got my new cams, so that issue is resolved. I’m going to try to get it back together this weekend. Hopefully I’ll get a few months of driving it this summer.