CJRando's 99 BMW M3

I just got my head back from the www.huntsmachine.com. Thank you so much Adam! The work you guys do is amazing.

DAMN…what did you use?? I need to fix the driver seat on my E46…but I have tan interior.

The head looks good! What was the cost?

I need to do this with my car, right now it’s about as loose as a $5 dollar whore…

Sounds like a lot of my ex gf’s

VHT Vinyl dye. The key to it looking decent is to prep the leather 1st. If you just spray it on it will look like crap.

All said and done with tax, $404.47. This included jet washing, glass beading, pressure test, 6 cylinder valve job, replace 2 valves (taken out of my head), surfacing, and valve seal set. These guys do amazing work. The head looks new.

I forgot to bring the cam lock tool over there for you :frowning:

That’s ok…I need to get a new timing chain guide 1st :slight_smile:

responded to your pm, there’s two different versions pending which pivot pin you have pressed into the block. new from GAP the parts are cheap. You could replace both for under $40 for the pair.

Right now I’m have quite the time trying to remove the crank pulley. I’ll post some pics of the block and the guides once I’m able to get the crank pulley off. PMed…

I also have a tool that you bolt to the front carrier after you unbolt the pulley(the 6 allen bolts) and it has a long arm to lock the crank in place against the ground or underside of the frame rail. then you just use a breaker bar to loosen the bolt.

can let you borrow too.

Are you free at all tomorrow? I’ve got the next 2 days off.

Tommorrow I have to go to my little cousins christening in the morning, not sure what the rest of the day is going to be like. Monday I’ll be at the shop caging the evo.

I’ll swing in Monday. What’s a good time?

unsure, have to run some errands Mon morning before I head in. Txt me your cell number to 225-8384 and I’ll call you when I know I’m heading back that way.

I don’t know exactly what my schedule is going to be like tomorrow, so I’m going to drop off the cam timing tools, a flywheel lock pin, and my 3’ breaker bar at the machine shop so you can swing in and pick them up to borrow. You’ll just need the correct size 1/2" drive socket to hook to the breaker. When done, just bring them back to the machine shop and give them to Dave or Shawn for me.

I will leave whatever guide I have as well. It’ll be used, but better than the busted one you have now. Or like i said, you can just order a new one from GAP tomorrow and likely have it in for pickup around noon-1pm.

Thanks so much Adam! You’ve been a tremendous help for me in this process! I’ll probably swing by around 930-1000am. This will give me time on Monday to get engine back together, provided there’s no other issues, which there shouldn’t be. I can’t thank you enough!

also threw in the chain tensioner tool and a pair of chain sliders. the tensioner tool is used to pretension the main timing chain when setting the cam timing. threads into the side of the head where that large hydro-spring tensioner is, and you turn the crew in until there is zero movement in the chain. going off the spring tension on the stock tensioner is not the best thing.

That’s good info! My chain tensioner broke right where the hydro-spring tensioner is. I just want to do everything the right way now that the head is redone.