CJRando's 99 BMW M3

Replace the shifter “knuckle” on the back of the trans. Mucho easier while it’s out of the car. I just did them both with everything still in and my knuckles are still bleeding. Delrin in the carrier arm bushing spot (“bitch clip”). Less than $40 your shifter is solid again.

Edit: This thing -> http://store.bimmerworld.com/1094-shifter-selector-rod-joint-p481.aspx
Edit again: And this thing -> http://store.bimmerworld.com/rogue-engineering-delrin-carrier-bushings-p130.aspx

I’ll order those! Thanks for the advice! I’m still interested in those headlights too. Let me know if we can work something out asap, if you still have them.

Whats a guibo and whats it do? lol

Still have them.

Be careful when removing the “bitch clip,” it wont work properly if you bend it too bad. They are $4-6 if you want to have a spare on hand.

Flex disc between the trans and driveshaft.

:lol

^^^I’de suck his dick.

i know

You know damn well I didnt write that. Change it back.

When I said, “the vehicle was solid” I meant the body, no rust, dents, or dings. I did know it had issues before I got it, but without x-ray vision I couldn’t have seen the broken bolt in the oil pan or the fact that the flow ports in the head were clogged like a bad artery waiting for a heart attack :slight_smile: Either way, I haven’t put much into it, and when I’m done it will 100% better.

:rofl dont be a bitch on the forums, lighten up

haha ya i know what ya meant, it was just funny. i buy cars thinking they are gonna be awesome and they turn out to be huge piles of shit that i drag down the roads and give a bunch of excuses for. we all do it, its the excitement of getting something new and talking it up.

i think the car is pretty legit and it looks like you are definitely taking care of any and all issues , should be awesome when its done

It’s been a total pain in my ass since I’ve got it, but it gives me a hobby to do on the side besides playing Call of Duty or GT5 all day. I just got it running again, but it stalls as soon as I press the gas. I’ll have to double check teh wiring harness so make sure I plugged everything in the right spots considering I didn’t label anything :stuck_out_tongue:

ahhhhhhhh thats gotta drive you crazy, good luck

You should come help me with the Evo if you need something to do then :stuck_out_tongue:

I got to figure out what causing my misfires on cylinders 1, 3, and 6 1st :wink:

Wanna buy my MSD DIS4 ignition system? That should hep with that misfire :wink:

Pretty sure an M3 doesn’t need MSDump stuff.

The head was cracked. Thats what caused the misfires. It’s in good hands now at Adam’s shop :slight_smile:

damn

do work in this thread, nice!

your avatar is priceless

/ot