Classic Plates

I need info on a classic plate for my 85 camaro. What rules or regulations are there for that kind of plate?

its technically got to look like stock and have all stock stuff in it to qualify. your suppose to take like 4 pics of the car from all angles to “prove” its as the car rolled out of the factory in 85.

then you are not really allowed to drive anywhere but shows and stuff and like one time a week for recreation/cruising purposes. mileage must be kept below 5000 miles.

thats what i remember from the notary when i went to see about those plates.

For a modded car, collector plates are what u need and similar regulations on driving are applied

could you explain collector plates

collector plates just enable you to do anything to your car. like a classical plate but without the “factory” restrictions. this is how i understood it.

BUT i see guys getting away with classic plates on pretty much race cars so i dont know how that happens

ok thanks but will it cost more for a collector plate

idk, i dont think but its been awhile since i asked about it. stop by a local notary office and talk to them about it

Ive never had a problem with driving restrictions. i’ve been out 4 times a week and pass the same cop everyday. I don’t think its that big of a deal with them. just don’t daily it.

Go to the state of PA website. Here is the link

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-ant.pdf

i know its $75 for either plate, and that is the one time registration fee, you don’t have to pay once a year like regular plates, i can’t remember what one it is, but with one of the plates you are exempt from inspection and emissions too

you are exempt from emissions on classic and collctor car plate
but for antqiue you are exempt for inspection

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-colveh.pdf

collectible fact sheet

Requirements: Cannot be in Primer.

Don’t disgrace a classic plate with a meth-haulin’ mullet cruiser like that.

For what it’s worth, the mileage limitations are not, to my knowledge, a legal requirement. As I understand it in most cases I believe the limit is imposed by your insurance company.

Also worth noting is that it can’t be your only vehicle:

67 Pa. Code 67.3(d)
An applicant for antique or classic registration shall maintain regular registration on another motor vehicle for personal transportation. If the registration is not maintained the applicant shall sign an affidavit indicating the type of transportation that he uses on a regular basis.

now that i read the fact sheets, i no longer see any mileage requirements either…very interesting

thanks i didnt know that

collectible plate puts a “Reconstructed” brand on your title. I have heard this from people with these plates.

I’ve heard this as well. I think it’s listed on the DMV site too.

Are you shure I thought they just labled the title classic . I’ll have to dig mine out tommorow and check

Plus 22.50 notory fee

did a deal last night on a 69 mg…he got a classic plate its got the “one day a week” roll or something like that…

you can drive from midnight to midnight any day of the year on that thing…and it doesnt need to be inspected anymore.

antique plates are the same except they need to be inspected once a year.

$75 for transfer, if driven while waiting for your plate, you must get a temp plate ($36)