Classifieds Ethics

The classifieds section is our heavily used section. On a daily basis, more people visit the section than anything else.

The rules we have in them are for everyones’ benefits, whether it’d be a buyer or seller.

However one thing I cannot shake off is how poor ethics some people have.

What I mean is:

1. If you intend to buy something by PMing someone saying “Hey I’ll come pick this up…”, please keep your end of the deal by actually showing up.

2. If you post something for sale, when someone inquires, you should take no more than a couple days to respond. Don’t just post an ad on our site because it’s one of the 20 sites you are posting on and you can’t keep track of them all.

3. If you are going to pick something up where a price was settled online/phone/email/etc., do not show up less money and pull an excuse to get a lower sale price.

4. We can’t protect everyone who buys something and ends up with a lemon so be honest about what you post. Don’t twist it around to indirectly mention something is not right; just straight up and say it.
    Eg. Don’t mention something like “Car needs an alignment” when in fact the reason for the alignment was because you drifted into a curb.

Unfortunately I have been involved in dealings where some of these were pulled on me. I usually let things slide but it’s just not right.

It’s all about honesty and loyalty! :slight_smile:

1. It does not matter what the OP or item being discussed was BOUGHT FOR.
  1. Do not be a shiesty fuck.

^ haha, word.

Just a question Gonad, why didn’t you make this a sticky…?

Also I agree. I got mislead into the car I bought, it was not even close to what I was looking for or thought I was buying. It’s a pissoff.

It’s not hard to be honest and do what you say your going to do people.

1. Please dont ask someone to part out when they are selling a complete item.

its son, why even bother making threads like this…

1. do not post a pointless comments that will start a pointless argument that has nothing to do with the sale.

I would like to see

1. If you come across a car For sale thread with no pictures and your interested. Send a Private Message requesting pictures to be posted up or sent to your email address.

This is to prevent a thread being bumped taking out someone who waited 7 days to bump. Also monkey see monkey do, one person comments an email pics request and 10 others will do the same but have no interest in it at all.

^ 8 ) not sun shaded smiley

^^ cause of attidudes like that

please post pics of your forsale item (if you actualy want to sell it pics will help anyway so why not)

rims post size width and offset and bolt pattern maybe

1. if you don’t have integrity why bother selling or buying???

its all about principles!

How about making another rule:

• dont make a thread unless you actually have pictures of the actual item.(its guaranteed that people want to see what their buying before they ask any question). The first post most of the time is looking for pictures anyways.

-Also, all info should be know before selling an item. ( ex. when selling rims, check the off set and sizing) dont just say haven’t checked or its at the bottom of the pile. If your to lazy to check, then your to lazy to be make the post and sell the item, so dont.

These rules would help reduce clutter, make sales faster and easier to do.

thats a good idea actually…

Good Idea!

This along with no linking to craiglist or kijiji would be a huge plus for the website. If you are to lazy to specify what you are selling and at least copy and paste the ad do not link than you don’t deserve the sale.

probably a long enough read for people already but -

Dont buy something from someone on here then 3 days later sell it for hundreds more then you payed.

We need itrader back up and running 100% Its a very good way to have buyer/seller confidence. People buy and sell from me with confidence and I belive it helps prevent any clutter on the boards and un needed bumps in threads.

Ya itrader was realy good and should come back if possible
Mael