Clear Vinyl/Starsheild Installation

My dad just bought a new Miata hardtop a few weeks ago and he wants to get the front end and side skirts wrapped in clear vinyl since the car is black and he’s worried about stone chips.

The Mazda dealer wants over $1000 to do it and some guy in Rochester wants $750. I thought those prices were pretty ridiculous but maybe I’m just cheap.

Does anyone have any good recommendations of places around Buffalo/Rochester to get it done? I don’t mind calling around for quotes if you don’t know how much it’ll cost.

TIA.

My R has mirrors, hood, fenders, bumper, grill, lights, etc… covered (basically the whole front end). $750 is probably the cheapest you’re going to find. The vinyl itself is probably ~$400. It’s going to take hours to put on properly.

Where did you get it put on Beck?

Factory installed option. IMO, the only way to go.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think I remember the BMW/MINI factory option only being around $500. I feel like you could have the whole front of the car just resprayed for less than $700.

Rainbow tint … they do 3m

Also aero collision on ransom and walden.

Factory option is always cheaper, no matter what. Especially for the installation of something.

Sure, but then you’ve got a repainted car and you’re assuming that once you respray it that you 'll never have rock chips on the new paint.

True, good point.

Thanks guys, I’ll check out those places too.

Wasn’t swerve doing clear bra?

Rich hasn’t worked at swerve in a long time. So I don’t think Paul is offering that service anymore as rich was the one doing it.

I’ve had a very bad experience with these clear film bras, they are very problematic if left them on too long. I’m currently looking for a body shop to take them off my car.