clocking an S14 T28 to fit S13 SR

i’ve read it’s very important when clocking the turbo to have the oil feed/return holes as close to vertical as possible in order to prevent pooling of oil inside the turbo. problem is, when i rotate the compressor housing to do this, all other inlet/outlets won’t line up properly.

there’s only one way everything lines up (mani, intake and exhaust extensions)… and it leaves the oil holes horizontal. :?
is this really cause for concern?

You don’t need to clock shit. Prob not a s14 t28.

ya… i didnt have to clock my t28…

You can clock both side of the turbo – just loosen the bolts on the other side to get the feed and outlet lines in the 12 and 6 positions.

When I got the turbo from Rafi, it was going on a Z32, and he may have already clocked it (the other side?) … maybe that explains why?

Happy, are you saying that you can clock it so that the holes still line up without bending the oil lines? When I spoke with Pavel and Sasha, they said that they had to clock them slightly to get them to bolt up, and it required a slight bend of the oil lines.

The oil lines will need to be bent slightly…

i had to clock my sr turibne for my ca, i couldnt loosten the bolts so i tapped it with a hammer. not really reccomended but worked for me.

sorry for stealing thread… but it’s related

how do you clock the intake side?

like the ehxuast side has like 4-5 bolts surroundin it

but the intake compressor has no bolts… just 2 for a braket

?!

ed