Cluster Removal

Ok this may seem as a easy thing to do, but i can’t seem to get the cluster out. If anyone that can drive up to Oshawa to give me a hand that will be greatly appreciated.

You Dont Need To Take It Out

?

this may help… (s13)

Thanks i know that. Ive done that its just getting the steering coloum to drop. The two bolts wont turn

I’ve never done it, but I don’t think you need to drop the columb to get at the cluster… You just remove the cluster surround piece, and the top and bottom steering columb covers and the 3 screws for the cluster should be exposed.

nope wrong dan you have to take out the under garnish from the bottom where your knees are undo the clip (2) from where your switches are thenb take out the two screws where the top of the cluster soronding is then undo the three screws feom the cluster then pull down on the steering wheel while you remove the bolts from the cluster make sure you remove the bolt at the top of the colounm right behind the shaft then hold the streering wheel down and pull out the cluster and put it back together

the cluster surround which houses the hazard button isn’t easy to get out. Thats where my problem comes into play.

just un clip the two clips on the bottom and the two screws its a bitch to do but you have to be a little violent

Kollo you think you could give me a hand

i would but i dont live near you im over an hour away i`ll take some pics of how to do it and send them to you pm me your e-mail

Hey

Just did one today converting HUD to standard : this is my 5th time

-1) remove kickplate
-2) remove cover below steering column along with hood release
-3) loosen cluster surround -2 tabs at the bottom -2 screws at top
-4) loosen the 2 nuts of the steering column at the firewall to the end of the thread-remove the 2 bolts higher up
-5) lower steering column to rest on seat
-6) flip cluster surround down towards steering column -no need to remove/disconnect switches
7)- remove 3 screws holding the cluster
8)- disconnect plugs if replacing the same type of cluster and replace
9)- OR disconnect the 2 plugs at the end of the cluster harness IF converting HUD to standard and replace with standard cluster and harness
10) test and if OK reinstall everything

John

ye i did most of that just stuck on the bolts that u have to remove near the steering wheel. I cant get them out.

and i live in oshawa.

They are 12mm and I use an 8" extension on a 3/8" ratchet I usually do not remove the steering column covers but that may help for access to these .
John

lol drive 2 hours to give u a hand haha!

you have nothing better to do dan, do it lmao

in what car?

get a new one

Thanks guys i got it out. Finally. Puffffff. But deosn’t seem to work lol. I even tested it for the capacitor problem thing. Time to hunt down another hud lol.