Clutch slippage?

hey, im having an occaisional problem, when in gear and clutch is fully out, ill floor it to WOT and then the car will rev and speed up, but its slipping the clutch, but its intermitten (sp?) so im not sure what could be the problem, any of you guys have any ideas? i just bought the car and replaced the master cyl. and lines so im hoping there wont be any more significant repairs for now, btw its a 91 FB, my frieend says my clutch is almost done, is that true?! thanks in advance guys!

ciao

When the clutch is engauged and you floor it does the following happen:

The revs go up, but the car doesn’t really move, then the revs drop back down and the car starts to pull like it should?

If so, your clutch is gone. Mine got so bad that when I was in second and tryed to accelerate the revs would shoot up but the car wasn’t accelerating hehe.

If this is whats happening your clutch is almost fried, it could fail at anytime. I suggest you replace it

Andrew.

yea thats what happens but its intermitten, like i drove all today and tested it and it pulls strong, so im not enitrely sure whats the problem, i just had the master/slave clutch cyls replaced, but for the most part, it only slips for a bit, then it will start being normal again

Hey Andrew, how much was it to replace your clutch? Mine seems to be starting to go. I only get slippage after driving for a while, but when cold it’s fine. Also, where did you get it done? I’m interested in getting an aftermarket street clutch put in after getting my flywheel resurfaced, but I haven’t started to search prices yet.