COD WAW - PC

Installed… not starting. At all.

Shortcuts are on desktop, but they don’t do anything.

restart bro…

also please post your system specs.

Restarted like 50 times… no go.

AMD 2500
1GB RAM
7600GS
WIN XP SP2
DX9

I even have the patch for the game… which came out like 24 hours ago.

Bootleg or legit copy.

legit…

have you tried going in the program files and clicking the shortcut?

Check your task manager seeing if the game is in fact running?

Your system specs seem to be plenty compared to the minimal system requirements for CoD5.

If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall. I’m pretty stumped.

lol, thanks for the help.

I’ve tried all of the obvious stuff… I didn’t want to uninstall because the install takes forever… but I guess waiting forever and then playing is better than not playing at all…

i had an issue with a program not running on sp2… exact same bs. i then updated to sp3, and it worked. just an idea.

hmmm… never considered SP3…

SP3 engaged.

Will check after some more updates.

Still nothing.

WTF.

1st off the AMD2500 isnt enuf. 2nd what is it doing exactly. We’ve fixed almost every issue with WaW in our team so far. But ya gotta be specific it what its doing. Or just go here http://cod.totalgamingnetwork.com/ or www.callofduty.com

Processor: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or better
Memory: 8 GB free hard drive space, 512 MB RAM (XP)/1 GB RAM (VISTA)
Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256 MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

EDIT>> I overlooked that processor before…that could be your problem

Right click on the game icon and select “run as administrator” ive had this problem before with games on my computer, maybe it will help? It worked for me before.

make sure you’re using all the latest drivers for your hardware and make sure you have the latest version of directX

your processor “should” be fine, albeit a little laggy

if all else fails, disable your antivirus and reinstall it

playing now… add “justvile” to friends so that i may stab u

lol ^

will be picking this up soon as well

So you’re saying that because my processor doesn’t meet the spec that the game won’t even attempt to start? No, that is not the case.

This computer will play it fine, I know it will.

I’ve been through all of my drivers - video/sound

I’m as specific as I can be. Double click on exe and NOTHING HAPPENS

I’m 1 of 3 people at work with the very same problem. We all bought it on Thursday and spent the entire night trying to get it to work.
They are getting black screens and sound, and I get nothing. Their computers are better, but this one should run any game… resolutions may vary.

I don’t run antivirus.

With your slow processor speed everything will take longer. This has happened to about 4 guys on our team as well. If they just sit and wait for 4-5 minutes the black screen goes away and normal play can start. There is no fix for this as of yet. There is 1 thing you can check but I forgot what that was. Something in control panel that has to be turned off. I’ll get back to you on that. But most if not all info on how to fix your issues will be on 1 of those 2 sites.

looks like it’s a directx issue (from what I’ve seen online). You need the august dx9 disto.

Also don’t try getting on today. The master server’s are down and nobody can access online profiles.