code brown at the ring

my favorite was the one BMW that spun in two consecutive turns

The bmw that was in front of the Miata was moving

Sent from my iPhone 6

All i hear is screeching tires. I feel like I am leaving a mighty meet

Was just coming here to post this. I guess you follow Top Gear on Facebook too huh?

You guys ever drive the ring? It’s scary as shit.

disclaimer, I was on a rental cb500.

nope, they probably pull from the same forums I do.

I tried two years ago. The website said they were open to the public, I called the day before and they said they were open, so I rented a 5 series and drove there from Belgium to find out that two of the big companies decided to rent it for the day, and they got priority. Driving on an autobahn was fun though. Here is a picture from a castle inside of the ring:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/fasmust/Nurnburgring/2010-10-19_15-55-48_211.jpg

So much BMW carnage it gave me a boner! Nice job fggt in the Ring Taxi

i cant wait to do it but i doubt i’ll even go 8/10ths out there… too many monies at stake. i’d do it just to say i did and save the attempted heroics for more familiar venues

It is hilarious to see so many BMW fucktards.

Watching this reminds me why I hesitate when considering track days.

its why they put instructors in with the beginners at track days. by the time you’ve got a few under the belt you know what not to do unless you have a deathwish.

And typically classroom training first for beginners. The only scary thing I have seen on the track is boiling brake fluid therefore no brakes. People are very cautious in green groups… Too cautious. :wink:

lol noticed the exact same thing.

Track day at a regular track is a lot different than trying to lap the ring though. Take a few laps with an instructor at The Glen or Nelson and you’ll have memorized the track. The Ring is just so long with so many turns it’s way too easy to get them mixed up and come in a little too hot. Then add in that there is almost no run-off and say hello to the hard barriers (and an expensive bill for fixing them).

I will drive The Ring one day but before my trip I will drive it 1000 times in a Sim until I know every turn with my eyes closed. Even then I know I won’t push anywhere near as hard as I do at a local track day.

my point is more that you will learn how to keep yourself from getting into situations.

My first laps ever at lime rock were in a wheel to wheel race after only watching a few youtube videos and I was fine because I know how not to write checks that my ass can’t cash.

I suspect both you and I could drive the ring right now without issue.

You’re probably right but I’d still be scared though. Probably mostly because when ever I try and drive it fast in a game I always forget how sharp a random blind turn is and I plow into a barrier. :slight_smile:

That’s my biggest fear of the ring honestly… how many blind turns look alike.

Forza Motorsport haha

Sent from my iPhone 6

I’m horrible at any driving games… without the real risk to my life and car I can’t take them seriously and crash all over.

put me in the real car and if I’m not 100% sure of a turn I just use the rain line so I have extra room to bail. that’s what I’d do at the ring on anything blind.

I’m saying forza for the fact that they have the ring in the game and from what I’ve read it is pretty damn accurate to the real thing so if someone wanted to memorize all the turns imo that would be a start for sure

Sent from my iPhone 6