The Ultimate Track Day: Ring

Someone made a post a few days back about the Graffiti on the ring. However, I found this story on speedhunters and I think its worth a look. Try to read the small sections of text between the pictures if you have the time. If not, the pictures are quite awesome by themselves.

enjoy

That was a great read. I only dream of doing that someday.

Agreed. I would love to be able to just spend a day there.

That was a terrible read, and even worse track day.

THE AUTHOR DIDN’T EVEN DRIVE AROUND THE COURSE! All he did was walk around and take pictures.

, but either way a quick (and yes, very British) cup of tea

yet another welcome cup of tea

Walking out into the pit lane again

But it was time for some beer, meat and sleep.

Everywhere I looked

Back in the pits and refreshed, I almost walk past a pair of Nobles.

Jochen from the excellent Frozenspeed.com had kindly offered to shepherd me around

Yes those are my teeth you can see in the passenger seat:

I observed

I turned around and saw

As I stood on the outside

I looked up the hill

Just look

My ultimate track day I don’t have time to take a leak, much less take pictures. Give me actual seat time. What a joke.

Uh oh, we’ve got us a real race car driver over here guys.

Better delete this thread.

Thanks guys. It was more of a look at the track and area and less of a review of the track and drive. Just because the author didn’t drive it doesn’t mean that it’s a shitty waste of time. Was just trying to share something I found interesting.

:tup:

My experience has no barring on the quality of that article.

Journalisticly speaking that article was as good as a Danish vegetarian doing an article on Buffalo wings and only dipping the celery sticks into the blue cheese.

Meh, there are nicer articles, journalistically speaking, but this is pretty badass. I would like to visit The Ring some day.

I agree that it isn’t a paradigm of automotive journalism. It’s interesting to me though. I would love to be able to do what this guy did. I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to spend time at one of the most amazing tracks in the world. Sure he didn’t drive the track, but that’s also why he wrote an article and took pictures. He isn’t a race car driver.

Go to the Glen this weekend, it’s $20 to watch.

:suicide:

WHAT A SHITHOLE FUCKING POST. NEVER POST AGAIN, FGGT. FUCK

Thanks man. Thought it was pretty horrible myself.

This is really cool actually.

Embarrassing enough, despite being to Germany a handful of times now I still have never made it to the ring. Definitely on my list for next trip though.

I’ve never been to europe at all so I guess that’s on my to-do list.

no shit.

I would agree, if this was just posted by an enthusiast that went there for a track day on his own dime and just walked around and took photos.
But I’m fairly sure he was paid to go there and do just that…

The pictures are great, captures a lot of what the ring is all about

:clap:

+1