nurburgring

yeah… pretty safe to say it was the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen.

more 997 gt3 rs’ than i could shake a stick at
rs4’s galore
a couple r33 gt-r’s
an r32 gt-r
a brand new e92 m3 (with the badges still covered)
an e46 m3 CSL from UAE

I drove the ring in an Alfa 75… old pos but it’s rwd and light as fuck (2200lbs, with about 150bhp). it was fully stripped and caged, with harnesses.

I spent 6.5 hours total at the nordschleife… prolly did about 10 laps or so (~220km). Only the first lap was in the dry. At the end of my first lap, the track closed because a biker went down and broke his leg. The medivac helicopter had to be called in and the track was shut down for about 45 minutes. After that, it started pouring.
I managed to keep it out of the armco in the soaking wet so, overall, it was a good day.

Go figure… my CF card got corrupted so all my pics from the day got erased. Luckily my friend who was with me had a cellphone camera and took lots of pics.

pics here…
http://www.spddmn.com/main.php/v/cars/ring/

Must of been an amazing experience, too bad your CF card currupted.

Wow, even from the pics you can tell there were so many sweet cars it’s ridiculous!

I especially like that older GT2 and the other 911’s, the new red M3, the Viper, STi and the Ferrari 355…must’ve been a nice experience!

How well did you know the course beforehand? Hit any surprise sudden bends and almost lose it or did you take it pretty easy etc?

lol Osad said he was at his place practicing on the Sexbox360 before he left…

And I have to say Mike, I’m jealous as shit for you getting to drive the 'ring. It’s been on my list of things to do before I die since I was about 5 years old.

YOur lucky to have drive in in real life…ide love to do that…ive only done it in Gran turismo 4 :stuck_out_tongue: anyone have video of a 240sx on the nurb?

it was on forza on xbox, not the 360. but Mike got a few REALLY good laps in on my xbox. like sub 10 minute i think he got one time in like… ummm i think it was the f1 mclaren.

WOW…Ive been wanting to go for years but this just makes me want it so much more!

You should keep your corrupted card and have it recovered, it usually isnt too expensive at VISTEK. Those pictures must be worth something to you.

Were you able to rent cars there or whats the deal?

PS- Grab a German S14 rear bumper and stuff it in your suitcase. :slight_smile: They are worth a pretty penny over here.

how much did the entire trip cost you?

looked like an awesome time

He said, he rented an AF 75, fully caged and gutted.

Ya I went on the ring with my skyline to…

…in GT4

Why are the german bumpers wanted? you like the look of rear foglights?

Sweet deal Mike! I am envious.

and Maurice, you have been on the track too and that is all you have to say??? heh… sorry for busting your balls but come on.

It would be nice to get a Euro spec S14’s rear glass with the wiper and all… Waxing, and water repelants only work so well…

Maurice what did you drive when you were there?

i r teh jealous…