8 Car Accident on The Ring

http://jalopnik.com/nurburgring/

NURBURGRING
BY MIKE SPINELLI OCT 2, 2011 7:15 PM 1,079 7 Share

Rented Corvette and ‘Ring Taxi crash at Nürburgring, cause $130,000 in damage
An eight-car crash on the Nürburgring Nordschleife earlier today sent one driver to the hospital with serious injuries, claimed a rented Corvette Z06 and put the famous BMW M3 “ring taxi” out of commission. It also caused more than $130,000 in property damage.
According to police, the accident occurred at around 2:00 pm local time on the circuit’s tricky Bergwerk (“mine”) section as three cars were slowing for a construction zone. A fourth driver, from the UK, stood on the brakes but couldn’t prevent a collision with one of the vehicles ahead. He subsequently slid onto the grass and then back onto the track some fifty meters (164ft) ahead. It was there where he crashed into the other two vehicles.

Three other drivers saw the crash and slowed their cars. An eighth car, the ring taxi, crashed into one of the slowing cars, hit another car and came to a stop at the left of the track.

Police say the drivers were from several European countries. A sticker on the Corvette, apparently listing Swedish luxury rental agency Platinum Cars, suggests its rental status. The accident occurred near the site of Niki Lauda’s fiery crash during the 1976 German Grand Prix.

One driver was taken to a hospital in Koblenz with serious injuries. Two other drivers were treated on the scene. All of the cars except one were substantially damaged and were not drivable. Police are still investigating, but cite excessive speed as the cause.

Speed??? On The Ring… no way!!! :lmao:crackup

The Nurburgring is technically a public toll road.

it is a place where people drive fast nonetheless you cock gobbler

I know that… its just funny to hear them say that… lol.

Pretty sure Kenny (offroadzj) knows that since he has been to Germany and to Nurburgring.

I guess.

Ok cool, but how the fuck would I know that? :rofl

You suck

He posted pics and had a thread about it when he went…

^This man speaks the truth… lol

Sick bro, because I remember every single thread ever posted on this site. :dunno

Relax BRO its over with.

Rental car is the best part :lol

RING TAXI DOWN?!?!?!?!?!? FUCK!

Who are you

BROOOOOOO

Must be a slow news day for jalopnik…:rofl. Well may be not, have they stopped making wallpaper threads or make a post of a comment some people posted and passing it as journalistic articles yet?? :rofl

I am sure there are multiple incidents like that daily at the ring.

whoa wait u been to the ring? Im going there next time im in germany, really tried to go last time but didnt have working internet and my god damn GPS was too stupid to find it under searching

Yea, I went over there for work for 2 weeks and over the weekend the wife and I took the rental car to Paris for a night and stopped at the ring on the way back. It was only about 45 minutes from where I was staying for work (Koln). Unfortunatly it was really late in the season (end of November) so there were only a few cars out but it was still nice to just drive around the inside of the track and check out the different sections. I was actually able to walk down a little path and got through the fence and was able to walk right out on the track. I def. want to go back again.

Talk to Boxer… last I knew, his sister lived over there and could possibly show you around when you go.

As far as I know, there really aren’t that many multiple car accidents on the ring. Yes, there are probably multiple single car incidents, but when I was over there I got talking to one of our guys in the shop and he was saying that he goes there frequently and that there really aren’t that many big accidents.

You would shit yourself at the way people drive over there. NOBODY is ever in the left lane. Hell, I was afraid to be in that lane for any more than 2-3 seconds… lol. We had a little Mercedes 1 series diesel for our rental that only did about 110mph max. I had that little sucker maxed out on the way to Paris and I was getting passed like I was standing still. Plus on the highways (including the ring) if you are in the left lane and you get hit from behind it is your fault for not yielding the right of way. Driving over there is a whole lot different than here.

God I wish we had that rule here on the highways ^

@ RockePunch - Jalopnik is srs bzns didnt you know? They were the leading scape goats to run with the Toyota stories and their “articles” consist of “who had the coolest rear view mirror” and “would you buy this heap”.