Coil Overs

hey. im planning on buying a set of coilovers for my 97 cavalier. i was wondering how they would work.its a set for front and rear but i only have struts in the front and shocks in the back…i was wondering how this would work??if anybodys knows i could use some help because im confused how they would work on shocks? here is the link to the ones i was looking at
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GRM-08-018&N=700+4294908216+4294907963+4294924744+4294852491+115&autoview=sku
Thanks
-Kevin

They’re basically going to eliminate both the shocks and the struts, the coil is built into the stut/shock…

I’ve never heard of that brand and the price is kinda low, I wouldn’t skimp on suspension, esp. coilovers.

A site you might wanna check out is www.gravanatuning.com, they have a lot of different, more proven brands.

so basically if i bought a set off that site or the ones off summit they would work?

Nevermind, I’m having a brain fart. You would still ned shocks and struts, because that Matrix kit is only the coil, you need a shock/strut to go between them. Some of the kits on Gravana fit Koni struts and so on. Check out www.j-body.org, a lot of guys are running coilover setups and can provide some more information.

I don’t know how I feel about coilovers, I’d like to set my car up with the Eibach Pro-Kit and Koni Yellows, seems cheaper than coilover setups and I can adjust the Konis anyways.

Not a fan of the Matrix coilovers. Unless they got ALOT better in recent years, I remember the spring rates on them being similar to bed springs. If you really want the ride adjustment do a Ground Control/Koni setup. If your just lookin for a way to lower the car then I agree with trumpnet a set of pro-kits would do the job great.

alright thanks guys for the help…i guess ill have to invest in some new struts n shocks

dont buy adjustables man the hats always end up breakin then they make noise get a nice set of Eibachs and kyb gr2 shocks