Coilover install

performance alignment on a car with a trailing arm rear beam(no adjustment points) and a strut front with no caster/camber adjustments. only thing that can be moved is the toe settings. thats a bit hefty for something with little required work.

I love the comments from peeps who have no idea. Just because the arms are not adjustable doesn’t mean they are not adjustable. Same goes for the front end… And of course if you don’t understand how that is possible, you shouldn’t post here…
The list of people who have been here and are now lined up for a performance alignment have all left with a WOW factor.
We’ll continue to provide the WOW, you continue to provide the BS.

It makes my day great!

DC

I don’t understand how that is possible. :’(

So I need to possibly repay for my WOW factor? I know I’m a “rare situation” but wow…

Darryl from storage wars knows all about the WOW factor

We’ve had this discussion about your mini sir.

When we did it the last time you wanted it as low as it was. You and Harold discussed the tire wear issue and other geometry issues. You insisted we keep it that low. The bump steer is a big issue on your car and that’s why you are experiencing excessive tire wear. Just like Kramers MR2.

You and I rediscussed this not to long ago on the phone.

So when you are able to fix the geometry issues if you choose to leave it that low we will do another alignment on it.

Although you appear to feel as though we did something wrong when doing your alignment, that would be incorrect sir.

Despite the appearance I would even discount the next alignment if the bump steer issues have been corrected by us or another for a discounted rate.

Albany Speed Shop stands behind our work. And in doing so, we would be happy to properly repair/adjust the geometry to eliminate your issues to be able to retain that ride height for a fair charge.

Your Mini is easy to make WOW with a proper alignment if the ride heights you’ve chosen to maintain weren’t so extreme.

LMK if I can help further.

Best

Darryl

LMAO

What on the front end of that mini is causing the bump steer? Is the ackerman is way off from being that low?

My machinist is working on a design for MK4 VW’s to get low and get rid of the same issues I think you are seeing.

More or less flipping the stock tierod end links on the knuckles. This requires removing the knuckles, reaming them on a mill, then he is making some steel conical sleeves that would match the taper of the ball joint shaft, and the outside dia of the reamed knuckle allowing the tie rod link to be to be bolted back to the knuckle safely, upside down. That should drop the connection point at spindle just enough to hopefully get the tie rods from the steering rack back on a parallel plane with the lower control arms… AKA getting rid of bumpsteer caused by poor ackerman geometry.

lastly, the rack might be able to be shimmed up if its installed on a vertical plane under the car, and it has clearance above it to do so. Might be a combination of both may be needed on your car.

Darrly is right, his hands are tied when the numbers on paper dont jive with the factory intentions for the suspension geometry. I would have to see it myself to make an accurate assessment aswell, but I have altered enough suspension to know how far out of wack things go when they go really low or really high.

There’s no reason for a car to be that low to the ground other than the STUNT factor.

He can always go the air suspension route if you wanna be that low

Krazykid text me what’s open this weekend and I can swing through. And yes totally STUNT factor! I try to be the coolest kid around which is why I have the mini how it is. Sorry I’m not building the car for you JP

Fixed.

I must spread rep before giving it to ninety1two40

The price of rolling low:lol

My e36 isnt bad at all slammed but I’m looking to set it up proper for the track while keeping a low ride height. this new company broadway static suspension (work with fortune auto) might be using my car for some final prototype testing on their coils and suspension parts. Were looking into custom hubs to correct ackerman and increase steering angle when really low. It would drop the tie rods like you were saying. And along with their new full tap coilovers it would be a nice set up for a properly slammed car

**meant to say modified knuckles not hubs lol

Fortune Auto is a really good company. Terry knows his shit and is a really good guy. I just bought a set of coilovers with Swift springs from them last month. Quality parts.

Yeah I dont have experience with them but I’ve heard nothing but great things. Not to mention they make the only full tap coilover for an e36 so they must be doing something right

One of the few coilover systems that’s dyno tested too. Everyone on the S2000 forums wanted a brake line bracket for the front, so they made one. All the coilovers are rebuild able too, right in VA.