LF: help installing coilovers and rims

so ye…im in need of help to install my coilovers and rims as i have no tools. i really want to get these installed in time for bings meet. i’ve got a set of megan coils and a set of 16" rims with rubber. are there any reputable shops or anyone on SON that has experience and can help?

Dude it’s SO easy. The coils will take you maybe an hour or two. And the wheels, idunno, probably 2 minutes…

On the front just brace the lower control arm with something like a jack or w/e. Undo the 2 bolts that hold the shock to the spindle. Then undo the top 3 bolts on the strut tower and remove the brake line running on the side of it. Repeat for the other side. Then just reverse order to put the new ones on.

On the rear, all you gotta do is undo the bolt at the rear of the shock, facing the opposite side of the car on the bottom. Undo the top 2 bolts on the rear strut towers and then just kick it out, or push it off the bottom bolt its sitting on. Reverse order to put them in. Repeat for the other side.

The wheels are TOO self explanatory.

Enjoy!

Very easy for coilovers, much easier than springs. A shop would charge you $100 likely. If you want them done asap just do that

if your willing to drive to oshawa im sure i could help you out…

ye, i got quotes from different shops. they pretty much charge $60+ an hour, and it takes an hour for each side. plus installing the wheels. i guess im better off doing it myself. thanks for the advice

If you don’t mind driving to Waterdown (north Burlington) I’ll do it for free. And hopefully you’ll learn some new things.:slight_smile:

Edit: I’ll be there all weekend and early tomorrow afternoon. Let me know ASAP though.

-Nick

im in mississauga i will help u pm me