Coilover options

The time has come to go lower so ive been compiling some info on coilovers.
Now im looking for some opinions specifically from those people who run coilovers on their daily drivers here in the GTA.

Im looking for some local, readily available coilovers under $1000, but preferably in the $7-800 range, nothing too fancy, just something that gets the job done without any fuss or problems and can withstand our crappy roads.

So your input is greatly appreciated, and if a spring/strut combo is the better option for a dd, id like to hear from those running that too.

If ive missed anything, let me know.

I would like to mention Ksports. Yes they are slightly over your budget but I feel they are well worth it. In fact they are on sale right now from us. Warranty is a year and replacement parts can be had over night.

http://www.ksportusa.com/grfx/products/coilovers/cd01/splash_large.jpg

Check out the thread below.
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37363

Grab some Megans man but for that price range they will need to be used or pitch some more money and you can get them for new.

ur price u can only get d-max or check out bings vendor thread he got some other cheap priced coils fs aswelll…

not much options there. save a month more and get better ones.

contact varun

he can get you used ones in mint condition for that price.

not down for used ones.

been reading up on the powered by max coilovers. nothing but good reviews, a little stiff though, and within my price range, slightly, before shipping lol.

forget PBM… buy something you can get in Ontario locally from a SON vendor.

if you dont track your car then a cheaper set of Megans or Ksport will be fine. If you driver harder or want a coilover with better damping that will be stronger on the track then go with STANCE. if you want to overpay for shit get some dieing fancy japanese brand.

dont buy cheapo used coilovers… you’ll regret trying to save $200.

also, those super cheap MDU coilovers i had are not for you.

They are for guys who have owned several sets of coilovers and are looking for a cheapo set and understand the + and - of them. For your first set get something new and decent so you have a fair benchmark in the future.

if you get something used you wont even realised if they are busted. you’ll just assume that is how they are supposed to feel.

i’d recommend a used set of tien basics. they can be had for $700-800 and are one of the least harsh coilovers i’ve driven on, but because of that they aren’t the best handling… though they’ll still let you drive circles around most spring/strut combos.

that’s what i’m running in my car now… in a month or two they may be for sale if you’re interested.

oh, and don’t get D2s, ever. been there, done that, i’d rather have welded solid suspension.

you should wait until a good deal comes up on some lightly used, quality coilovers. anything you get brand new in your price range will be awful.

There is a million threads on entry level coilovers around… a bit of searching would yield TONS of information.

I started with a set of Megan’s from varun. Bang for the buck, I was really pleased with them.

I’ve now got a set of stance’s on my car… and I’m REALLY pleased with them. Well over the price range you named, but I decided to spend the extra, because I’d had apexi’s/megans/d2’s/JIC’s and decided to step up a notch. Experience will tell you everything.

+1 for buying local. Support bing or Varun, you won’t be disapointed.

ya ive heard megan have really stepped up with their coilovers. so im going to assume my price range isnt too realistic then for the canadian market…hmm, well price isnt really an issue, i just dont want to be paying out of the ass for something that might be underutilized.

hey man, call me…i have used cuscos, BNIB tein, BNIB megan and BNIB greddy in stock.

call anytime,

well the influx of cash i was expecting tomorrow has suddenly dwindled in size. just my luck. this project has been put on the back burner again, but ill be sure to call when i get back to it.