coilovers?

hey, i was just wondering what would be the best coilover set up for drifting as well as daily driving, and where i could buy them. also, what else would be helpful to buy for drifting? thanks.

I was just about 2 post a thread about which one I should get I also spoke to a few people at drift mania and this a guy from intense motor sports told me that the best product for the best price has to be the k sport coilovers, he also told me that the stance coilovers where also good. When I spoke to bing he told me that the stance’s were also very good. Oh and sasha from s.g motor sports told me I should get the stance’s so im probably gonna go with the stance coilovers bing sells them.

Just get a good set of coilovers that are dampner adjustable and dont slam your car. As soon as ur slam ur car thats when the rides will go to crap. So just keep it at a nice daily drivable height and u will be fine

get stance! from bing… there about 1500$ new… great coilovers for beating on drifting

do you know where i would be able to buy used good condition stance coilovers? cause i don’t really have $1500 to spend. oh and how much would the k sports be? roughly the same as the stance?

stance,megan and d2 i think i was told are the same coilovers so if u wanna give bing money get stance, if u wanna give sliperysilvia money get megan…and i duno who sells d2’s lol

the k sport 1’s where around the same price

Megan is not the same as D2/Ksport.
in order of quality and price from low to high.

1. Ksprot/D2
  2. Megan
  3. Stance

Sure the D2’s are a couple hundred cheaper but the difference in quality between them and the Stance is pretty big.

You might also look into some lower end Tein stuff…Flex, SS, etc.

K-sport is the same as D2 but it appears the coilovers have gotten better, at least from a branding stand point anyways with the K-sport.

Megan and Stance are also not the same.

None of the coilovers are the same at all actually.

Stance GR+ and GR+ Pro are inverted monotube coilovers, D2’s, Ksports and Megans are not. So the comparison ends there.

with mass-market entries like this the pricing schemes are quite deliberate.

Stance costs a bit more because they have 2 sets of springs and the inverted dampers as well as other options depending on what series you get… if you dont care for those upgrades then get a cheaper set.

Jesse, Intense sells K-sport so of course they are going to tell you that K-sport coilovers are good. :stuck_out_tongue: And bing sells Stance, so he’s going to tell you that Stance coilovers are good.

It’s all about business, no one cares what really is good these days.

Anyways, try doing some research, this debate will never end.