Coilover Question for people who winter store their cars.

Hey guys this might sound like a stupid question but I have to ask because this is the first year I am storing my car with coilovers on it before I had KYB shocks and eibach springs.

Next weekend I will store my car for the winter so my question is:
I have coilovers on it now should I just park it the way it is or should I jack it up and put some wooden blocks underneath to suport the weight / or some of the weight, so there is less stress on the coils while it sit’s there for like 5-6 month’s ? What do you guys think I should do or what do you do ? I think it should be fine the way it is but I don’t know everything so I will ask what you guys think and why?

jack the car onto blocks…take off tires if u want but u dont have to do…just make sure they arent compressed all winter…
best thing is to remove from the car…

wouldnt it be equally as bad for the coilover to be fully extended (jacked up without a tire) for the entire winter?

You should NEVER leave suspension fully extended during winter storage. Here is what you do.

Jack car up
Remove wheels and store them how you wish
Lower car onto stands so that the suspension compresses down

Leaving suspension fully extended can cause the springs to not function properly after the winter and in rare cases can cause them to brake. My opinion, remove the coilovers and store them indoors with preload still placed on them.

When you say “preload still placed on them” are you talking about the pillowmounts that hold the coilover assembly together?

car on jackstands, coilovers in house.

ive had my d2’s for 2 years and have no problems besides clunking springs

i think compressed coils are better because the preload from hte spring isn’t putting a lot of pressure on the fully extended shock.