Coilovers and cold weather question

Now I know it’s supposed to be bad to run coils in the winter (read: blown suspension)… But what about storing them? As in, mounted on a car in an unheated storage area. They should be fine as long as they’re not being worked, correct?

I’ve done it for the past 2 years and have had no problems. Yoy should be fine man.

Fine to store them? (Reason I ask is because I’m winter driving my car, but I’ve got a set up with Dan to take his stock suspension for the winter (since he’s storing his car) and put mine on his car to sit on for the snowy months.

should be fine, i had a set of coil overs and took my rears out but left the fronts in for i forget what reason and winter drove that. fronts blew out but the backs still worked great in the spring.

Right on. I figured it would be fine, since they’re not being worked, but I wanted to make sure, since the reason I’m pulling them off is to save them in the first place…

anyone ever turn them to full soft to try and prevent blow-out? it’s not like you really need high damping in winter anyway

I’m curious about that myself, but I’m not willing to sacrifice my coils to experiment…