Coilover question.

Having a huge problem with one of the “locking tab/nut” on one of the coilovers.

As you know, there is one to support the spring, and there is another one right under it to lock’em together (the spinny thingies where u put the special coilover key into and turn)

Overtime with dirt building up in there, sometimes u just gotta give it a little impact with a screwdriver/hammer combo to losen them up, after that its smooth sailing with the key, all 3 corners worked fine except 1.

Bottom one came lose but the top one (spring supporting one) does not move. Did hit it with some wd-40, tried the key, tried to hammer it with the screwdriver but its getting chipped real bad. It wont rotate at all , move up or down.

Anywhere I can take it to at all ? Any tips ? tricks ? Or you guys think aluminium threads are crossed and fucked ?!

Thank you.

have you taken the coilover out or are they still in the car?

if its a rear one i take the coilover out, put it on the ground, stick a pipe/screwdriver that fits through the lower nut opening and use it as a lever to prevent the coilover from spinning, then i put the collar tool on and give it a good whack with the hammer while holding the coilover in place with the pipe/screwdriver