coilover question

No its not a trick question. Some rear suspensions do not compress square and cause either toe in or toe out. I’m curious how much the S13/S14 has when its really slammed. Near paralell to the ground you’ll never see much but when you really lower a car sometimes shit goes way out of whack. I think i’l lbe ok though since im running such large overal diameter i cant lower the car that much.

Oh, and its toe out that causes the car to get squirly, toe in helps keep it a bit under control with a rwd car that has a tendancy for tirespin exiting corners (lots of anti sag causes traction problems as well as a lot of power)

Just picture it, if your rear wheels were facing out (front facing out) coming around a corner, and you came on the throttle the outside tire would try to rotate the car and spin you hard. Toe in would work agains the rotation of the car slightly and end up keeping the car a bit more stable.

It seems FR really is a shitty layout for road racing and the more I read about it the more I realize people tune suspension just to keep the car from sliding all over the god damn place. MR is just so glorious its not even funny. Totally differnt driving style though