coilover rebuild?

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew of a shop that rebuilds dampers/struts?

this is for one coilover actually(well might as well do all four since they all have the same mileage and usage), it’s making a LOUD LOUD banging noise on EVERY little bump, so while driving, pretty much every second or two…it may be the pillowballmount shot, or something simple as using helper springs, but anyway, i just want to see how much a rebuild would cost so that i can gauge my worst case scenario…

it is for a megan racing track series coilover…i don’t even know what is wrong with it, holding them, they look perfectly fine(all 4 of them), but the right rear one keeps making a loud noise when installed… if it isn’t worth rebuilding, then i’ll have to save up and look for another set, or spring/strut combo…

check how much much preload is on them…and dont use track suspension on the street, pot holes will destroy them in days.

lol im still running my tracks, 3 years now…

I’m sure varun can get replacement parts for you… no point in trying to rebuild taiwanese coilovers… just get new replacement parts.

I would take the whole thing apart and make sure that everything was properly tightened… if its the front coilover and some of your top bolts are loose it will make those noises.

if everything is tight then separate out the damper and compress the piston manually… if it’s bucked you will be able to tell. Varun can get you the replacement parts faster and cheaper than getting someone to try to rebuild it.

no one would waste their time in Canada rebuilding Megans or any other asian made coilover including STANCE, D2, K-Sport, Tein, Cusco etc. because they do not have the specs or the seals & shim stacks in stock.

ah ok thanks for the advice, i’ve now stopped looking for rebuild shops haha

would it be a problem if i put the stock suspension back on my two rears and kept the two coilovers on the fronts while i try to repair/rebuild the passenger rear coilover? or would i have to take off all 4? The height is modest, so i’m not concerned about an awkward drop if i kept the front coilovers on and stock rears…just wondering if it would damage or prematurely wear anything?

you’re car is going to look and drive really silly, but you can do what you want.

ohh ok, guess i better take off all 4 if i can’t figure it out, i’m gonna try to adjust the prelod and see if that’ll do it, i haven’t had a chance to do anything since