Coilovers for next season

Well since I got my engine work for the most part done this summer, I’m looking at saving u over the winter and purschasing some coilovers. Problem is being a student I don’t have huge amounts of money for some HKS Hiper Pro’s or TEIN FLEX’s. Two coilover setups that are getting really good reviews are the Megan Racing and the SPL KTS’s. Both are about the same price, have camber plates,8KG/6KG spring rates, pillowball mounts and relatively same dampening adjustability. I was thinking D2’s but with the whole recall deal best bet is to stay away from them. Anyone used either of these coilovers on the street or for AutoX/Intro Drifting use?

Megan Whore here…Get the Megan coilovers, they are awsome for the price and alot of the people on Freshalloy seem to like them alot. Just contact our sponsors they can hook you up.

If you dont beleive me look at the NECC Track day times. hehe :E

Call Brendan @ JDMWest. He’s located in Calgary. He’ll hook you up very nicely :smiley: He can get Megan racing coilovers no problem for you in a short time

I have to agree with Flavio…

I love my Megan. There guages are shitty but they make nice suspension.

talk to JDMWEST soon sir!! lol

Yea the megans are nice but i have d2’s with 7 and 9 spring rates and they feel about the same hardness as flavio’s. I just wish the megan’s came with a spring rate between 6/8 and 10/12.

Mine might sound stiff but they are 100% streetable

Rob do we have to bring out the track times again…You have twice the power too. D2s are…kinda…shitty. Sorry for bursting your bubble Rob.

And meagan does come with 6/8 or 10/12 for the track series (Probably way to stiff for the street)

It doesn’t help that Rob was actually TRYING to drift the corners. :E

I wouldn’t start a timeslip war, cause the ITR owned EVERYBODY.

The Megan 8/6 are one of two however I was looking at(probably end up getting these). Anyone used the SPL’s or know someone that has? Sorry to keep pickin your brains guys

my mistake i thought megans were 7/5’s

It also helps when you have more rubber on the ground than me. Also it was not really that good of a day for turbo’d cars, too cold = no traction when boost comes

How do you figure? He had more power than me and was on Spoon coilovers… I think the top 3 or 4 car did really well considering the competition.

HAHAHA Too cold for a Turbo car…Get real. You dont need boost to break traction. Too many excuses Rob…Good thing that doesnt happen when your working. :E

Flavio, you have coilovers as well. He was running sport tires, not R compounds and so were you. He set faster times than you - there’s no shame in it, especially since you were only 0.8s behind. Shane is a really really fucking good driver. Mod for mod, you had just as many as he did. I suppose it doesn’t help that his car is significantly more powerful than yours from the factory, but still - good driving by all the top 5.

I’ll tell you the car I was most impressed by was the Matrix driven by Charles Onhua - there is no way a Matrix should be handling like that. :slight_smile:

Rob do we have to bring out the track times again…You have twice the power too. D2s are…kinda…shitty. Sorry for bursting your bubble Rob.

And meagan does come with 6/8 or 10/12 for the track series (Probably way to stiff for the street)[/quote]

im runing 14 kg springs from megan. They do make them for a gtr anyways.

Being 3500lbs its stiff but not impossible.

HAHAHA Too cold for a Turbo car…Get real. You dont need boost to break traction. Too many excuses Rob…Good thing that doesnt happen when your working. :E[/quote]

LOL i guess it is because i am a ricer. :oops:

I short you are just a better driver than me.

HAHAHA Too cold for a Turbo car…Get real. You dont need boost to break traction. Too many excuses Rob…Good thing that doesnt happen when your working. :E[/quote]

I short you are just a better driver than me.[/quote]
Rob im gonna print this off and frame it. :partyman:

I short you are just a better driver than me.[/quote]
Rob im gonna print this off and frame it. :partyman:[/quote]

LOL but you have to admit you were even getting sideways very easily in my car.

Hey penis’ get back on topic and stop braging about whos cock is the smallest

Im running D2’s on my car and im finding they are really freakin great! Very streetable and fun for the track. Plus ive had no problems so far, im pretty sure theyve taken care of any issues from before. Ive also been told they are made in the same factory as the megan coilovers and on the dyno they tested identical. So dont write off the D2’s yet, im sure you wouldnt regret going with them. Im not sure what they come with for springs though, anyone know? Im thinking 5/7 but not sure.

Sweet dood! I wish I had dyno tested coilovers :stuck_out_tongue: