coilovers how rough is your ride?

Is there anybody here that is running the QA1 springs from Bing on D2’s.

me

Okay DTS, you got me there.

So what do you think of them? Did you notice much of a difference? What are the rates?

Thanks,

lol, so I’ve been doing it all wrong! I’ll try the “go limp” method and see how it goes :wink:

While we’re on the subject does anyone else have noisy pillow ball mounts? My rear coilovers make annoying knocking noises over bumps…in the area around the top of the strut mounts. It sounds like I’ve got a midget in the trunk trying to punch his way out.[/quote]

When i first got my JIC’s I was commuting from St. Catharines to 401/Renforth and after a week I could barely move my body. I was unconcously bracing my body with my legs and tensing my back at any abnormal road dip/bump on the highway.

My theory is that if you tense up, forces acting on your body will tear at your muscles. I know that gravity and lateral movement will keep my body planted in the seat and I had to trust that bumps/dips wouldn’t throw me out of my seat like a wooden rollercoaster. So I conciouly decided to relax my body like i was on my stock suspension alleviating any future muscle pain.

there 100x better than the bunk d2 springs, cornering is much more percise and stable, the d2s weaken and sag and loose their rates after a while these are much thicker coils and appear to be better quality.

8/6

Thanks for the info,

Passengers sometimes complain about my car’s “harsh” ride but I find it to be okay. Its prolly because I have Tein Flex with soft 6/5 rates. They are much stiffer than a shock spring combo though.