Coilovers vs lowering springs

Hey guys I just put some coil overs on my vert. Every bump I hit it feels like I am riding a 2500 lb bull thats got its nutts slapped. Bucking and jumping. I know they are stiff but holy shit. If I put lowering springs and new shocks on instead will it still do this. Can you guys give me your input on this? Thanks Tony

you think your coilovers are bad??? ha! i will trade you for my tomei spring and strut combo…then you can see what a bumpy ride feels like! :lol:

Maybe its just the Cold Lake roads but I dont find it very fun to drive. Im not kidding my back end catches air every day on the way to work. Like its super spring loaded.

Are your coil-overs adjustable for dampening or spring preload?
Coil-overs tend to be stiff, but it all depends on the design and spring rate. what kind are you using? and are they new?

On my last S13 i ran KYB AGX adjustable shocks and tein s-tech springs. I also live in a bumpy area (Grande Prairie) and tried 2 sets of coil-overs before settling on this setup and loved it. On the softest setting it was so soft i could get wheel rub in the corners because of the extra body roll, and on the stiffest it was like a drift spec with no wheel hop or forgiveness over the bumps. but in the middle was excellent, great mix of comfort and performance for real world roads. And they were cheap. my setup only cost just over $600. Add onto that pillow ball upper mounts, and new boots all around, you should still be half the price of a respectable set of coil-overs.
hope that helps!

Its the difference of Crystal or Martini … make the right choice

Yeah it really depends on rates and dampening settings as if they are on full hard and have some high rates it will be brutal when a softer setting and moderate springs would be great for the streets.

In my opinion, stiff suspension will eventually make you a more cautious driver in the end as you will know the punishment for driving over potholes and not paying attention to road qualities