suspension

how rough of a ride do coilovers create? or does it depend on the struts/shock you go with? or is it how low you go? or does it depend on the brand? i don’t want to look like a honda bouncing around the city,

it depends on spring rates. for a lower ride and very little body roll, you need stiffer springs, and they make your ride alot less comfortable. but some people don’t care about comfort. Coilovers differ for track to strret type aplications, but most street coiovers are designed for japanese or californian roads, which are smooth as glass. so when you drive them on all our tar strips and pot holes, it wrecks your spine!!
Some people seem to be happy with there coiovers for daily driving, personally I tried 2 sets and both were way to firm so I went with some adjustable shocks and lowering springs designed for a decent daily driving, while keeping some high performance track type atributes. So first you need to decide exactly what you want out of your suspension…daily driver, comfort, racing, highway cruising ect…?? and your budget!

cool, i want a daily driver, thats why i was looking for h&r springs, but i was offered some coilovers and i just wanted some info on them thanks

well, find out the spring rate of the coilovers, the stock springs, the H&R springs, some tein S-tech springs, and compare to see how firm or soft they are.
And if you go with the lowering spring route, get some aftermarket shocks/struts as well. adjustable shocks like KYB AGX and Konni yellow’s are very nice for increasing the comfort and the high performance (track) type of response, just like a coilover, but perhaps with nicer spring rates.

ok