Coin

Q. Can someone accidentally change which card is selected on my Coin?
A. We’ve designed the button to toggle cards in a way that makes it difficult to trigger a “press” unintentionally. Dropping a Coin, holding a Coin, sitting on a Coin, or putting the Coin in a check presenter at a restaurant will not inadvertently toggle the card that is selected.

Bout time something like this comes along…

Cant tell if I liked or hated that actor lol.

There was another project like this where the card was built into an iPhone case

I saw that, however I didnt say accidentally.

Just a random thought I wonder how long this will actually work…

The rest of the world uses credit cards with chips in them already at some point that tech is going to come here.

I’m hoping someone hacks these things fast because you can do a lot of horrible things with mag stripe cards like reprogramming hotel room locks :lol:

look how easy it is to load your other credit cards into the coin. seems like a pretty easy way to steal credit cards. never mind using the thing for its intended purpose.

It’s not like you can’t write credit card data to a mag stripe right now…people do it all the time.

Fuck this is way more badass

I like the idea of the Coin better…I don’t like the idea of countless people handling my phone. I’m picturing where I use my card most often…dining. At restaurants the terminal is not often customer facing, the waitress takes your card or in this case your phone. Wild, all this digital currency tech coming out. When will the US abandon paper bills and go easy to track e-currency only?

so I heard Coin has to be tied into your phone via bluetooth to work. Phone dies = no money.

I don’t think that’s accurate. I don’t think it needs to be tied to your phone to work

O M G YOUR PHONE DIES?

How often are you left with a completely dead phone? The coin still requires you to carry the card in a wallet/card holder so you could have a backup card.

I pre ordered 2 of them. One for my dad seeing he always tends to misplace his business debit card. Seems very cool, can pre orders them still here; https://onlycoin.com/?referral=wn4iJlvb

“So here is my credit card wait no don’t take that I have another device that does exactly the same thing”

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/58/58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

2:54 he buys Battlefield :tup:

"You’re excited about your Coin and you want to know more about it! Here are more details about Coin that address a few burning questions that people have asked.

You will be able to reactivate your Coin even if your phone is dead by tapping in a “Morse-code-like” password using the button
Coin will track how many times your card is being swiped and tell you if someone is using it when it isn’t near you
Coin can “auto-lock” based on proximity such that you can swipe, but cannot change the card that is selected – so a waiter or waitress can’t accidentally switch your payment method when you pay your bill"

I will carry only this in my money clip. I plan to use this to replace wegmans/tops card, debit card, credit card, corporate card. I will only have to carry this, a license, and an insurance card. It will make it much thinner.

What’s wrong with isis? Google wallet?

Tpgsr: Nope, can’t do that, you’re violating the terms. :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Most places don’t take NFC payment…