College Drift Team..

I started this thread in respons to questions in this thread…

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=9062

If you have questions about the course or would like to creat a disscusion on a college drift team then please post here and not in the buy and sell thread.

Lets keep the mods happy :lol:

How will it work?

Explain the details…

I might be able to start one of our own, once we get our FSAE team on track…

What do you mean how will it work? We already have a dirt track team which competes on the local curcuit and we have 2 drag cars which we take to Cayuga every weekend we can. This would be the same we build the car, use it for a training aid in peformance driving and cassis tuning as well a engine building/tuning then when it comes time for comp in the summer we compete.

I don’t know if you read the other thread or not, but reason I am able to do this is because of the course I am in at Niagara College called Motive Power Operation. This is the kinda stuff we do.

What comp? Who are you planning to compete against exactly? Anyone?

Driftnation comp in july and september.
But if there were other colleges that wanted to compete and build there car then that would be awsome. Inter college challenges are allways exciting.

Right on,

Good Luck…

any idea is a good idea but realistically speaking i think your college will be the only one either way good luck.

The other type of college like this I -think- is in Barrie. I remember something about them hosting some kind of car show w/ new cars brought by dealers or something like that.

They might make for some good competition?

Hey Dude

Could you please tell me how to regeister for this course, i am very serouis about this ive been looking for a course like this.

Any info you could tell me about this or point me to a website or a phone # would be amazing.

Thanks so much
Rob Barron

yup Georgian College.

they have a major emphasis on cars.

pretty much as big as windsor U.

their auto show is bad ass. they let you sit in cars that you wouldn’t be allowed to sit in, in toronto. they also have a porsche course where a professional driver takes you for a spin in the parking lot. they go balls out. they need two or three carrera’s to switch back and forth from because they overheat them so fast, lol…

http://niagarac.on.ca/studying/programs/fulltime/tech_0740/

this is the link to the college sight and info on the course.
This course is what you make it. The instructors ask you what you want to get out of the course and then alow you to take that direction. The shop is open for use (for the most part) to the students and the instructors encourage you to do so. There is a full engine lab as well as trany lab, there is a chassis dyno and a bran new engine dyno(not running as of yet but will be in the new year). We have a 93 comaro and a 2000 trans am we use for drag raceing a 85 cutlas street stock car for the dirt track, 4 95 corollas we use for team autocross (5-6 student teams each team has there own car and competes to see who has tuned the car the best and to see who has the best drivers) we have a 2 headed cavelier which can be drive and steered from either end and soon we will have a 240sx for drifting.

Some other cars we use for training: 2003 chrysler 300
94 dodge stelth tt awd
a couple different full size trucks
and many others

im so taking this course, it exaculy what ive been looking for, thanks so much for the info.
And good luck with the car!

Rob