2010 Drift Schedule!!!

hey all people out there on the interweb!

I know it is the middle of January and most drifters are sitting nice and snug in their garages working on something for when the snow melts or are out there attempting to drift there Nissan in the snow :stuck_out_tongue: BUT I am anxious for the upcoming season, seeing as the rally season is starting soon.

SOO the whole point of this is to try and form some sort of group or organization if you will that has to do with drifting, setting up drift events, meets, lessons, practice days etc for the upcoming seasons. I understand that there are organizations like DMCC and CSCS out there that are doing, for the most part, a good job at helping drifting grow in Canada as a whole, but there really is not much growth in Ontario in itself with regards to practice days, DIFFERENT events to go to at various tracks and all that junk.

I for one am slightly upset with the way that the CSCS events are run becasue of lack of track time, having to wait around most of the day, but they cannot do anything about it because they need to accomodate all of the forms of racing that are there at every CSCS weekend.

So the whole point of the group would be to :

1. Have a drift ONLY series in ontario that is not only focused on just drifting and trying to get guys in ontario more experience, but also has a variety of different venues, such as Mosport, Shannonville, possibly Cayuga and a few other choice places.

2. To have a central body for drifting in ontario, seeing as there is no such thing

3. Try to get the bad image of drifters out of the minds of track owners and the average joe so that it can be looked on as a serious form of โ€œracingโ€

4. To have a central body for information on what is going on in the drifting community or where to find more information about how to start, where to go etc

5. To make practice for drifting easier and cheaper so that it can be taken off the streets

6. To shine the light on the ontario drift scene to try and get the media/sponsors involved to make it easier to move up to the Pro level, as well as $$$$$$$ from what we love to do.

7. Get more events into a season

I know that this is only an online thread on a forum, but I am just trying to get the ball rolling and to gauge interest.

I am open to serious suggestions and I think it could be a worth while endevour to undertake

Later days

You should post this at http://www.candrift.com also.