IC: Skid pad/ practise days in open lots

alright so with all this talk about hyping up drifting and all. i think its important to get the public aware of what drifting is or at least give them a little taste of what can be seen at the track.
How are we going to do this you ask?

I am/have been talking to a couple of property owners who own large open PAVED empty lots. to see if they would be up for me to come by and set up simple stations in the lot where we can come do figure eights/donuts and something simple like connecting MINI s turns in the lot maybe even a place to practice J turns.

The areas would be in a safe and secure area away from traffic and danger. I still have to see if this is even legal and what laws there are that may be broken but i want to see if there is enough interest.

Also at these little mini meets/events there will be info about dmcc. cscs and everything else about the Ontario drifting scene. I’ve spoke to Chris from CSCS last season about this and he is for it just as long as i have things well planned out. this way we can promote TRACK events so that the public can come out. hopefully the media will slowly catch on. I know mitch and the rest of Drift1 is willing to back it up to by showing up with their drift cars and showing the public what drifting is about.

At first it will be small but as we keep at it, it will only get bigger.

So what i need to know is who is down to participate in these kind of events. there will be a fee but the fees are to pay the management/clean up. and food.

Feel free to bash my idea or what not i just want to see what kind of response ill get from you guys.

Mikey.

make sure you carry of a copy of teh property owners expressed permision with you at all times to speed up Police interactions.

otherwise sounds interesting.

Here’s an easy response for you Mikey.

I’m down.

Mmmm… Foooood.

Sounds Good. I would be down if I had a car. Promise.

I think this is an awesome idea. IM DOWN!!! ill talk to a few buddies and see if i an get them to show up.

i need for sure commitment so if u say ur down and u dont come through i shall kick ur ass or get turboner too :smiley:

but seriously guys i need to be able to show them im solid and have commitment.
dont have to drift to right we can mix it up and be creative so that fwd and awd guys can play too.

if anyone has any info on the legal side to this plz let me know.

expressed premision - owner
and
liability waivers - participants

brampton poweraide center. HADA always rents it out for autoX events.

Mikey, once you start showing some more numbers, and some responses from lot owners you’ll get tones of responses from us, and defiantly more guys committing to it. Especially if we’re looking at a very reasonable price to do this legally, and with media watching.

EDIT: Alex is right as well. I’ve been told a bunch of auto events have been held at the Poweraid Center. I know Chris (Keez) and Peter (Pantaloons) can vouch on that one I believe.

Ide be up for this type of event for sure. seting up demos and such would be a greeat idea at these type of events for media.

sounds liek fun i owuld be down if anyone wants to get ahold of the peterobrough memorial center they have a decent sized parking lot and they do auto x in the summer once a month or so iether that or the slots

Kollo, we’re mainly looking for local places. There are 10x more people located in Etobicoke, Brampton, Mississauga, and Toronto…than anywhere else.

Which is why we need to focus local.

ok pm me if you gusy knwo of good lots or places.
i plan to set them up all aroound ontario maybe even some in niagra.

i want to have the ball rolling as soon as the salt is off.
if we can have on avergage about 30 guys come out i think we can keep cost down to about 20-40 bucks a person teh whole day.

as i am trying to bargin with some lot holders as of right now. i also have one local part source that is willign to help us out with prizes and maybe even pay for part of teh lot.
so far thsi is a one man team of me. so if u want to help let me know.
thanks guys

that doesn’t mean anything. CASC sanctions the event and provide the insurance for the events. Theres alot of liability and insurance behind these events that no one understands.

and obviously, its not cheap.

ok pm me if you gusy knwo of good lots or places.
i plan to set them up all aroound ontario maybe even some in niagra.

i want to have the ball rolling as soon as the salt is off.
if we can have on avergage about 30 guys come out i think we can keep cost down to about 20-40 bucks a person teh whole day.

as i am trying to bargin with some lot holders as of right now. i also have one local part source that is willign to help us out with prizes and maybe even pay for part of teh lot.
so far thsi is a one man team of me. so if u want to help let me know.
thanks guys

yeah thats what im trying to figure out with insruance and all.

most places want NOTHING to do with drifting

i talked to the manager at poweraid center, he wants NOTHING to do with it.

he says it leaves too many tire marks on the ground LOL

sounda like a good idea id hit it up

more importantly tears up the asphalt and not only that, drift does not show a consistency of “control”. I mean how often will a guy doing an autocross slide and go into a lamp post? better yet slide with Rcomp tires? what i’m trying to say is that there is more chance of hitting and damaging property at a drift event than an autox event.

no faith man.
opne lots and just pilons one car at a time at each station.
theeres many of these events held weekly in the states.
fuck powerade centre or w.e we dont need no crazy lots just somehting simple im goan see if we can do it at gpk kart way as well.

and ill go tell powerade center that the gatorade centre said we could :smiley: