IC: Skid pad/ practise days in open lots

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/dori_240sx/count.jpg
me in

i need for sure commitment so if u say ur down and u dont come through i shall kick ur ass or get turboner too

Shaddup mikey, i’ll kick your ass for no reason.

Im down… though

dont make me rape you again hoe.

oh yeah fiddy will aslo be offering free blowjobs and if ur down wiht the clown some bum sex too.

its not about faith man. trust me I have lots of faith that this will help the community. But the reason these events exist in the states is b/c its sanction by a automotive sports Committee that recognizes it as a sport and provide the proper credentials to make it “legit”. This is what the Ameture series needs to survive.

I can see the tow truck drivers having a field day at lots with curbs and lots of lamp posts.

But i’d definetely come watch some gymkhana. But as chrome says, there’s alot more behind auto-x events than you think. Since its being held on private property, despite having owner’s permission there’s also liability. What some s13 ends up upside down and the owner cracks his skull open? There’s also a matter of zoning, there are many places with nice lots but zoning regulations would probably prohibit drifting or auto-x.

well for auto x last year all we had to so is sign a waiver.
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/ keep in mind it still says 08 so its not for this season

This means war… Mikey, your rims will return with some extra “toppings”

lol.
i will have a wavier made and looked over by a lawyer that i know

i’m assuming you have never organized an autox event. There is soo much more behind just that waiver. Push it to the Limit series are affliated and recognized by CASC. I’ve helped organize the BMWCC Trillium chapter autox’s as well and its not as simple as finding a parking lot and run an event even still we had alot of help from CASC for credentials. In fact the lot is rented to them for a donation to Childrens foundation on behalf of the lot owners. And on those lots, burn outs, drifting and fucking around is not permitted. why? bc it damages the property. Who’s going to pay if you smack the curb or lampost. What happens if someone gets injured due to bad marshalling? It’s not as simple as finding a simple lot. also, many property owners are very reluctant to renting out their lot to a random bunch of yahoos. Now if it was a sanctioned event, they will definately consider.

so then why dont you help us out?
im new at this and i jsut want to see drifting move up in ontario.
i do this not to make money cus i know i wont i wouldnt mind donating w.e money we make if we do make to a reptuable charity.

sorry god of auto x…
what i was saying thats all I(me) had to do. if you hit something or die ur responsible not the lot owners or ppl running the event.

sorry, i don’t mean to shoot you down. I’m just trying to bring some sense into this thread before we get everyones hopes up. It’s beyond events, media coverage, or driver commitment. what we need is a governing body to unite the community. Bc the way i see it, is that everyone is trying to take this last slice of pie. And are breaking up that small peice into even smaller peices. What needs to happen is have a governing body and work together to take the one peice and hopefully grow.

thats a good idea…why dont u help us out…

its a good idea but the execution of the plan is lacking, no offense to you or anything mikey, but im sure chrome is right about the degree of work involved to get this to get off the ground

meh atleast he’s trying.

It won’t happen cause even at an open lot, there needs some forms of barriers like at Drift Nation.

They lost money on a simple event in an open parking lot.

Canada just doesn’t have the market for drifting.

No matter how hard we try, we need funding from corporations.

No corporation is going to fund anything if they are all struggling to survive in this weak economy.

^^^ yeah even downsview was an issue about the shooting rocks and debris from dmcc.

so its to the streets…grass roots

As a used-to-be serious drifter, I’ve come to realize and accept that no matter how hard we all try to boost the scene, it is not going to go anywhere in the next couple years.

Why? It’s not even a respected sport in Canada. Look at how much effort Driftops put into setting events up and going around trying to find corporate sponsors to fund events.

What happened, nothing. Why? No one wants to support a sport that hasn’t gained much popularity in Canada.

We have 1 awesome drift event per year, and that’s because of DMCC.

What kind of business would only want publicity once a year? Certainly not GBtires, not to mention a real HUGE corporation.

I’ve come to terms with this situation and to be honest, we just have to wait for the amateur scene to grow with ABUNDANT skill to actually make the sport grow.

#1 we need the SKILL and COMMITMENT from drivers, either or is NOT enough.

after that is fully attained can we move onto #2

#2 host respectable drift events that catch the eye of the media and community

#3 then we can actually go to corporations and say, hey look, we got the eye of the public because we got all of #1 and #2. We got people looking and watching us now, do you want to be apart of this?

That is just my 2 cents. I’m being VERY realistic as it was hard for me to accept myself. Whoever thinks I’m just bashing the sport and thinks I don’t/didn’t have the heart and commitment, you obviously haven’t been to many track days :wink:

PS: Wait another 2yrs at least until the economy gets started back up to see some minimal growth in the scene. If sponsors for rally/f1/nascar etc etc have to pull out, what makes you think they would want to throw money at sport that isn’t at least, as popular.

im still going to try maybe we can get one or two events out and move form there.
liek i said im doing this on my own if u want to help i can use all the help out there