Attention All Ontario 2007 Drifters!!!

As most of you are already aware CSCS will be hosting a Drift Championship for 2007. It will consist of 3 drift competitions at Toronto Motorsports Park, 3 practice/qualifying rounds and 1 Gymkhana day at Grand Bend Motorplex. Drivers will receive a trophy and prizes at each event and will also receive points towards the 2007 CSCS Drifting Championship.

In an effort to get all necessary information to the drivers and hear your feedback there will be a drivers meeting held on Monday May 14 at 8pm. This will be held at the Boston Pizza at Hwy 7 / Hwy 400. If you will be attending please email chris@cscs.ca. This is not a mandatory meeting; however it would be greatly appreciated if all drivers could attend.

There are a few topics I would like to discuss. These include:

• What is CSCS
  • Growing the Ontario drift scene, including recruiting new drivers
  • Official CSCS drift partners for 2007
  • The new format of a qualifying day and a competition day
  • How to approach sponsors, and what is needed
  • Pre-Registration
  • Goals for the CSCS drift championship

2007 CSCS Drifting Schedule

Round 1 Qualifying
May 21- 12- 5pm - Drifting
Dunville Autodrome – Practice / Qualifying – Beginners welcome

Round 1 Finals
June 3 – All Day - Drifting
TMP, Cayuga – ONLY THE TOP 8 drivers from May 21 – Competition format

Round 2
July 8 – All Day - Gymkhana
Grand Bend Motorplex – Practice / Qualifying / Finals – Beginners Welcome

Round 3 Qualifying
TBA – Beginners Welcome

Round 3 Finals
Aug 11 – All Day - Drifting
TMP, Cayuga – Top 8 drivers from Qualifying Round 3 – Competition format

Round 4 Qualifying
TBA – Beginners Welcome

Round 4 Finals
Oct 6 – All Day - Drifting
TMP, Cayuga – Top 8 drivers from Qualifying Round 4 – Competition format

why a monday night. i got night school monday and wednesday!

also, i’ve got work the very next day.

what would the “all day” time frame be around? 9-5 kinda thing?

can i ask what the format of these events at TMP is going to be like?

ive been to TMP and the noise restriction sucks and the lineups 1by1 or even 2by2 makes things WAY slow. also a few friends went to last yrs event and wasn’t the best feedback.

imo you cant get into the feel of things when you wait more than 5min. you don’t improve at all and its a waste of time. you forget what you did and have to do it again, the cycle continues…

i say this would be the biggest issue you may face after people have went to TMP and has seen how it was run. major disappointments in seat time but fun because of the people who were there.

it was literally 1lap (30seconds) and you wait for 5min+

i would like to see how you guys are going to handle this and look forward to attending if things change.

hope to hear some responses and also list some changes you plan to make, but don’t make false promises.

wow now this makes it 6 track days in less than 1 1/2 months for me… fuckk

and isnt Dips at dunnville on the 21st /

I think he’s just posting up dips track day to help promote more drift days. its the exact location and time so it must be dips.

maybe they are joining together…shrugs

Chris is taking the afternoon from me.
Chris is running the afternoon, he wants to qualify drivers before TMP because of the time restraints and extremely low car limit for drifting .

Dunnville allows 12 cars on the track at any time so things will run much faster, no waiting around.

Those of you already signed up for the afternoon, dont worry.
your still in and you may qualify if your interested.

blu2forty - You can contact me after the meeting to get a briefing of topics discussed if you can not make it out.

fluid - the meeting wont run late, hopefully you can still make it out

duckjai -

this will all be discussed at the drivers meeting, however quick answers…

format at TMP will be strictly competition, hence why there is now a qualifying day. With TMP’s restrictions (not ours) we have limitations there. However, I will not be able to bring 4,000 - 5,000 people out to watch drifters at another track. This is one of the few ways I can get the drift scene to grow and help the drivers attract sponsors.

the qualifying days are the practice days…the days to improve.

the TMP days are the competition days…days to compete, only top qualified guys are invited out.

we have not made any false promises, you can ask anyone who attended our events over the past five years.

Please attend the drivers meeting.

will the car regulations be discussed as well because there are an ass load of rumour floating around and i just want to know what is what

So we have to go to te qualifying round on may 21st to to able to drift on june 3rd?

thank you for the quick answers, and i will try my best to make it to the drivers meet. i really like this qualifying idea, which allows more seat time and also sets a bar in the drift scene. brings motivation to other drifters and such.

good stuff, looking forward to this!

WTF, is it going to still be open lapping?? Or some homo cscs shit??

What if we want our money back??

open lapping will be in the morning, 8-12…and drifting in the afternoon 12-5…as originally planned

homo cscs shit? call me 905 209 0000 if you have a problem

Open lap drifting?? Or start stop on each run like at CSCS??

its exactly what it was ed, open drifting 12 on the track at a time all driving.

nothing has changed, except now you can also qualify for competition.

The only reasan its run like that at cscs at TMP is due to the track noise restrictions.
They say that drifting creates more noise polution so the TRACK, not cscs only allows 1-2 at a time.

no limits at dunnville.

Sorry if there was any confusion. If you still have any issues please talk to me on msn.

and its 12-5 chris, not 12-8

applesauce - the reason cscs is doing our qualifying at dunville is to get away from the “two drifters on the track at one time” rule that TMP has.

As dip mentioned that is not our rule

so anyone can attend this drivers meeting right? for info and such. reason being car not ready yet but i would still like to come out.

I paid for a Dip day not cscs qualifying. Aslong as it’s still going to be the same setup as before it’s cool.

blade - yes anyone can come out who is planning on driving this year or next

applesauce - most of the day will be run with open lapping then the last bit will be judged runs for qualifying. if you want your money back you can contact dip.