Calling all Drifters!

Hello boys and girls!

I hope you are all using the off season wisely to setup your cars for the 2010 season. I know I am!

We need to get together and figure out what everyones plans are. I know some of you either:

a. want to start drifting this season
b. already have a handle on basic car control and want to continue to learn
c. happy just having fun doing open drift days
d. are preping their cars with cages for some more serious competition.
e. preping their cars for some hardcore hardparking.

It is important to know what everyone’s plans are so that we can start preparing for the 2010 season. Do we have enough committed drivers with full cages for a full pro-am series? Do we need more practice/instructional days?

We will be meeting at Grand Prix Kartways on Saturday, Dec. 19th at 8pm.
Please come by and have a drink and do some karting with us!

http://www.gpkartways.com/images/map.gif

I really hope that we can boost the drifting scene in Ontario in 2010.

Thanks,
Team DriftOps.

damn i wish i was in ontario. I think today was enough drifting for me. Stupid snow

can’t wait for this. itll be nice to see where everyone stands for 2010.

wooooooooooooooooo!!

ill be set this coming season
but wat about us grip lovers? any love? lol

im down for some serious action now that my car is set and ready to go.

also might be willing to go to a meeting to c wats good for next season.

I know I wont be cageing my car, unless many things change in my life. I didnt make it out to any open drift days this year only the comps. I would love to try a pro /am series though.

I m not caging my car this year. As i still suck hardcore. Putting a cage in my car at this point would be hard parking. But i m definitely gonna be prepping my car, so i have no mid season failures again.

Open drift days and practice days would be dope.

I m down to meet up to discuss with everyone. As long as its after the 18th, because that’s when lots of us finish exams.

E. serious hardparking next year

Its better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it :confused:

That way aero can stay ON your car :slight_smile:

Id like to have some instructional days as well as more drift days
im excited to be done school so i can come to more days. i found i learned alot by riding shotgun as well as participating the the couple days where my car was on the track.

Very true. But then, some people like me, have a tendency to push too hard, once they know there’s no consequences.

So i’ll stick with option B and C, just gonna continue having fun and learning how to drift even better.

I want to cage my car so i can impress all the ladies at the local Tim Horton’s parking lot.

caging my s14 to go nuts on the track :slight_smile:

i need to get work but i definitly want to get out to the track this year pop that track cherry yah diggg

I will be there… S1DC was planing to get together and go karting that night anyways… works well! see you there!

Full drift days followed by Competition.

DMCC and CSCS are great but because of the rules and restrictions, it limits what we are able to do.

CSCS is great for spectators but the limited amount of time ,track itself, participant & noise restrictions puts a dampener on things.

Shannonville is probably best overall.

My car is pretty much ready now besides some minor changes.

I probably should get a cage but I like daily driving it when it’s nice.
I already get enough heat on the streets.

I WANT to cage my Z this winter, but I seriously doubt I will.

It would be nice if that wasn’t mandatory, but until that happens I just plan to attend track days.

6 PT/ not full cage for my vert. Needed it regardless due to ls1 powa

I dunno if I can attend the meeting, but I agree with all the people that want something more from the Ontario drift scene, becasue I know I do. Going from the CSCS events to DMCC is such a HUGE gap that it is jsut not fair to us that want to take this jump. AND I find it easier to drift on a track like St. Eustache which was part of DMCC then even a track like Cayuga becasue it is more wide open and doesn’t have a huge bump going into the first corner:P. It is a different ball game all together as well, with regards to how the judging is occuring and also the consistency
. I think it is more realistic to what “real” drifting is if there were events that were staged at Shannonville or a track that we:
A: have more access to practice on
B: have a longer run when we do have events
C: is larger in general
D: More like the tracks that other series such as DMCC or Formula D drift on

I am glad that DMCC is trying to grow the sport in Canada and I am also glad that CSCS is around, but I am not 100% sure that either is going about it the correct way. I understand that DMCC is trying to make its name as a professional series withe the pro part of it, but in order to move up to even the Pro Am level it will take a large amount of cash and travel time that alot of people just cannot commit to.

ALso, coming from a background of many sanctioning bodies and what not from rally and karting, I KNOW that just taking our ball and starting up our own series isn’t always the best thing to do becasue I have seen it fail in karting, but because of the fact that Drifting really doesn’t have a sanctionaing body or anything, maybe a new series would be benefitial to those starting and trying to make it to the next level, or at least want to have a few more then 4 events in a championship with MAYBE a total of 4 hours driving at the most.

That is my two cents…

december 19th is my birthday, i will not be there. i will be out getting shittered!

i will relay the message three weeks later when you are finally sober lol -

and yes! i want to see that bitch driffffffft again ! this time, not from the driver seat !