Combine Partiton?

Ya servers are great to have a part for data and a part for the OS since the OS is usually pretty vanilla but for a desk computer, I just see it causing more problems as u said.

Windows installer can not merge partitions or resize them. Only Make/Delete/Format

Exactly…delete the partition then it merges to the C drive.

You still need a tool to grow the original partition size…that would just leave you with a chunk of unpartitioned/unused space.

ah good catch…Well there are a few suggested methods already…I think O&O also makes a partitioning tool.

i never said install program files on a sep. partition… i just said data lol. installing program files on a separate partition is annoying and not worth the hassle what-so-ever.

my original thinking still remains, if you have enough room on C partition for your OS and programs… format the partition as NTFS and store your data there. it is the smart thing to do anyways.

I just never understood partitioning on desktops really.

store your music, movies, pictures etc on a separate partition… computer is running slow, reformat, reinstall and you are done. No need to backup your shit, don’t see why anyone would not do it that way…

Because people who do not manage their computers properly to keep them running smooth and constantly need to reformat will find ways to screw it up.

I keep backups, music, movies and documents on externals and other internals…No need for partitions.

you can do whatever you want i don’t care… i’m just saying how do you not realize how much easier it is to just keep a “data” partition than needing to keep stuff on externals? if you have another internal drive great, i guess, however slower transfer speeds. just sayin’ if he has enough space it makes less sense to go through the process of combining them. not really supposed to be a great debate lol.

edit: LOL i just realized you were the dude arguing how fedora ripped off windows, it explains a lot so i’ll just let this one die :stuck_out_tongue:

First, I never said everybody should get externals and never partition I’m just explaining how I store my data as a comparison to partitions. I also can’t fit nearly 500 gigs of music on a partition. Then I back that up so that’s another 500 gigs. I have a Movie external which is 100+ gigs. But the great thing is I can just unplug and take them to school, or a friends house or w/e.

Second I never said Fedora ripped off windows…never. I said I disliked Linux and everyone was on their menstrual cycle and was PMSing all over.

lol come on dude, it’s a forum like i can’t quickly search to prove you wrong?

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1200143&postcount=11

don’t try and go back and edit it because it won’t make a difference :slight_smile:

Like I said…never stated that Fedora ripped off windows.

:fail:

ok.
:suicide:

It is AWESOME when stupid people try arguing with professionals over computer knowledge and best practices.

how could you have never stated it? IT IS RIGHT THERE!!!

Foot, I would like you to meet my good friend, mouth.

You do know that the graphic manage of Fedora is the “knock off”, not the actual OS right?

Depending on what theme, manager (KDE, Blackbox, Gnome, etc), and colors you are using determine what it “looks like”.

Hell I have a Fedora server with no graphical interface that looks like boxxa-juipitervm>

OMFG ITS A DOS RIPOFF!

lol ok lets not go off on a tangent here… lets keep it to talking about partitions, despite how badly I want to continue this ridiculous discussion :slight_smile:

if you want to continue the previous debate, feel free here: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62242&highlight=linux

What unix command shell uses >

???

custom prompts FTW

I used to have some pretty creative prompts

I’m just saying > is usually in DOS :lol: