need help quick... partitions

need help partitioning “existing” hard drive space… anyone know of a good program to use?

I, currently, have approx 96 gigs free on my main HDD… I wanted to take about 75gigs of that un-used space and create a new partition to boot vista from… any ideas? only thing I can find is how to delete a partition and make new ones from that (which I dont want to do) or make new partitions from free, unpartitioned hdd space (which I dont need either)

thanks

Partition magic

get it somehow

I don’t like making partitions like that, but if you are lazy, that’s what you want.

thanks man :tup:

yeah… I should of thought ahead… I could just do it over, but I’m running on a fresh install of XP (like 2 days fresh) and dont want to do it over again :stuck_out_tongue:

is it bad to do or something?

fdisk or partition magic

Oh, if you just did a fresh install, there’s probably not much data writing all over, so you’re in a lot better shape to do that.

This is why i like SAN servers. Oh, want to create another partition? New LUN! Partition too small? No problem! Just add to the LUN! restart, all set. lol

lol thanks gents… appreciate the help. I think I actually have partition magic laying around here somewhere

is it pretty blatent? as far as how to set it up? I’m not an idot, although I’m not an IT professional either lol

thanks again

Its very simple with partition magic…

uh… yeah, so whats a “UDF” file system? keep getting errors burning a backup of vista. So I tried mounting it with alcohol120% and get a readme file that says

This disc contains a “UDF” file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 “UDF” file system specification.

never seen this before… probably why alcohol keeps bumming out around 1/2 way thru