Comcast Modems

i’ve setting up a house wireless network for a friend.

there’s a comcast modem in the house, running to the wireless router.

there is another cable connection in the garage, and i need another modem for it.

will a simple call to Comcast, have them send out another Modem? or do i need to purchase one? do they charge extra for having 2 modems?

In residential accounts, they will not set up 2 modems on the same account.

It’s basically gonna be set up like Address - Garage or MDM 2 and they will need to pay the full price for service to the garage like it’s a seperate household.

Why do you want to run another modem in the garage when you have wireless? Is it too far away for the wireless to be picked up?

the gargae is far, but not too far, maybe 100ft away from the house. but, it has a laser security system.

i can recieve the wireless signal outside the garage, but not inside.

Yeah unfortunately, they will need to pay full price for internet service just in the garage.

Maybe you can call and see if they can do a deal on it, but I’m really not sure. Your other option may be a range extender, but even they don’t like other frequencies such as a security system and whatnot.

run an ethernet cable from the house to the garage and put a hub in the garage. :dunno:

That may work, they make outdoor cabling that has extra sheathing on it.

or pull cat 5 thru some conduit??

I have a shite load if you need it.

x2

I have a huge spool of cat 5e cable if you need any

I may need to take one of you guys up on some of that cable soon if I need to move my modem.

I’ve got a few spools of Cat 5 too. Just lmk.