Computer component for heads up speedo display? What?

Hello everyone! I’m Miki, I don’t post much and don’t own a 240, but I do know some basic mechanics.

I was on AutoTrader the other day and saw an '89 240SX coupe (OneVia, err, TwoVia, in this case). Its description read:

“New: Brakes, pads, rotors, exhst. gas tank, sending unit oxygen sensor, wheel bearing shocks, struts! Newer motor. Needs: Computer component for heads up speedo display for safety.”

If it isn’t too much trouble, can anyone clarify that for me? What is the “sending unit oxygen sensor”? I’ve never heard that term before. And what is the “computer component for HU speedometer display”? I know what the speedometer is, we’ve also replaced the speed sensor on an older Accord we previously had, since it was defective and made the speedo not work. Is this the same thing this seller is talking about?

Also, whatever that “computer component” is, would it be difficult and costly to replace? I’d really like this 240, especially since its of the coupe body type, I would just need to know if it is an auto or a manual, but that can come later.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

sending unit is one thing, which is tha thing on your gas tank that your fuel pump connects to, and it send fuel, thus sending unit

and tha oxygen sensor… self explainitory(sp)

also that lil piece i dun really know wtf it is, but yea that guy is talking bout tha HUD (heads up display unit) and you dont really need it, cuz on tha dash theres still the speed on tha cluster.

not if its a coupe with heads up display. its a digital speedometer that does not work if the heads up doesnt work.
but what you CAN do is swap that cluster for the 240sx hatchback cluster and presto, saftied!

…however heads up is the shit…

does anyone have a pic of the 240 coupe’s dash and a pic of the normal 240 dash?

sending unit don send fuels…
thats fuel pump’s job
sending unit is the thing that send the signal to the dash to show u how much fuel there is in the tank…