91 240SX Speedometer problem

Hey there, I’m new to the forum so I’m not sure if this has been covered anywhere or if I’m posting in the right place, but I’m having a problem with my speedometer right now. The car is a 1991 A/T KA24DE and the speedometer either stays at zero or works intermittently. I’ve taken out the cluster and there were no visible problems with the connections and I’ve also put a new speed sensor in the car. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing and should look into or if I should just get an entirely new cluster out of a parts car. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

check to make sure your wiring is making all proper connections

Get just the speedo part, pm danbikes on here, he has a speedometer that hes not using

Check the gear on the pickup at the transmission. I had an 89 that did the same thing and it was the gear that drives the speedo cable at the tranny.

Sounds like your speedo is shot, or there’s a break in the wiring for the speed sensor…

I have both a stock USDM speedo and a jdm speedo for sale if you want. I can even install it for you if you need it, for a little extra. I can install it into your current cluster so you don’t lose your KM’s and such. Let me know.

Hey danbikes, that would help me out a lot, i pm’d you to get some more info