HUD cluster

Ok guys, Whats going on? Anyway i bought another heads up display. The problem is that the digi speedo lights up when i start it but shortly after i start it, it shuts off, oh and the HUD doesnt light at all. There is no cluster backlights going on. And the Heads up piece is not displaying at all. Just the digi thing and the rest of the shit works such as the warning lights, tach, fuel, engine temp, all of that works.

i think you bought a broken one again. You get what you pay forr yooo when you lowballlll. Should have bought mine and yes its still the same price

Make sure it is a dohc cluster if your car is dohc, if its a single cam, you need the sohc cluster.

And most of the displays are shot, I would buy only with a guarantee that it works…

Hey i think i figured something out. When i started it about 20 mins ago it did not light at all. I believe its something to do with the battery not giving enough power as the powersteering did not kick in.

power steering is not powered buy the battery

check your belts

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hahahahahahahahhahahah

Heh figured that out just now LOL. Update again: Im 95% sure its the battery as when i rev it up for a bit or what not the cluster back light goes on, but still digi speedo no go. I was wondering what will happen if the speedo cable, connector thing isnt on properly. Will it make the digid speedo not come on at all?

These huds had crappy connections on the curcuit board in the back to. Thats why 9 times out fo 10 they flicker on and off or dont come on at all. Sometimes if you hit the dash it will come on.

I got my from the junkyard for like 50 bucks and it works wicked. Its not how much you pay its luck of the draw, they can really go at any time.

this is a bad noe bro, I had it happen to me, its either a bad connection or a bad one dying, soon enough it will start showing the speed go up n down and then die on you. The best ones come From japan. I got one and the RPM goes to 9K

pay me and ill fix it =)

P.S. just cause its called “power stearing” dose not mean it has anything to do with the battery

When revving the car, do all your lights get brighter? that would be an alternator problem…sounds just like you have a bad cluster. I dont know to much about the HUD units but open it up an check the connections, might be as simple as re-soldering one.

I think i have had it up to my neck with these HUD units, so before i waste more money ill just go analog.

Check this out, it should solve your problems :
All it requires is a soldering iron which you can pick up for 10$ from CT, worth the effort.

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=158878

but