Problem with cluster.

hey everyone.

Ok I have a digital cluster in my car and everything works on it except the cluster lights, the digital speedo, and the HUD.

my light for my clock works and also tonight when i turned the car off then turned it back on, the speedo and the HUD came on for a few seconds then went out again.

would anyone know what the problem is or how i could fix it.

Thanks.

Matt

i dont know much about the huds in the 240’s but i would say check all fuses and all connections ie stuff like that happen to my s13 with electrical crap and 90% of the time it was a fuse…

rob

^^^ it’s definitely not a fuse as this problem is all too common… my bro’s used to only come on for a few seconds during startup and at certain rpm’s.
good luck figuring it out… i’d say just get yourself a working HUD cluster and hope it doesn’t crap out on you for a while.

Usually if it’s in relation to the temperature it’s a short in the circuit paper or a capacitor thats toast.

I have a buddy with a coupe too, same problems. I’ll let him know about this thread.

I’d say, pull the cluster out and check all the connections on it, diodes, resisters and capacitors… it’s not that big of a deal if you have a multimeter with a buzzer… It shouldn’t really take you too long to do.

This is assuming, all the wiring to the cluster is a-ok and there are no burnt out fuses…

i have 2 digi hud’s they are both not working