Help!.HUD

So i have a 93 coupe that had a none working HUD in it. I bought a working HUD cluster from a member on the site. He plugged it into his car and showed me that it worked, everything was fine. The cluster was out of a 89 so we both knew that the RPM tach wouldnt work. We decided that i take the cluster home and try putting in a tach out of a DOHC cluster. Did that. Go to my car and plug it in. The RPM’s worked but the HUD didnt! I figured it was because of the DOHC tach that it wasnt working so i went back inside and switched it back to the SOHC RPM tach. Go plug it into my car and it still didnt work. If anyone can post some feedback or some way of me findin out the problem that would be great. Thanks in advance

So is it the HUD part that isn’t working? Or the digital spedo on the dash?

neither are working. Im so confused as to why they arnt working.

I would say yours stopped working in the first place because of something farther back than the cluster if they’re both doing the same thing…

im begining to think the same. But where do i start and what do i look for?

check any of ur speed or RPM sensors they might have a broken connectordid u do a motor swap or anythingcasue i have a coupe that has HUD but its a SOHC cluster the HUD turnes on but doesnt work and my speed doesnt work and there is a KA motor in there so thats what i was told why it doesnt work so let me know what u come up with casue im going to have this problem soon casue i gotta put a SR in my car in the next couple months

My old coupes digital speedo and HUD use to take 10 to 40 minutes in winter to start working, but summer time it would start up right away.

If the capacitor inside burns out, it won’t work. There is a method on nicoclub to find out if the capacitor needs to be changed.

I just picked up the car. Its an auto for now. could it be anything to do with fuses or something? I’m going to go outside in a bit to try and figure it out but i already took a look at everything(the dash is out) and things looked ok. There is a couple plugs hangin around that arnt plugged into anything. I will take some pics cuz i have no idea what they are for.

The hud works. I picked it up last night and the guy plugged it into a car and showed me that everything comes on. I know about the capacitor write up on NICO. But this was a working HUD.

what motor is in ur car

ka24de

could it be a speed sensor? or would the digital cluster still light up and show 0 even if the speed sensor didnt work?

well mine would still light up and just show 0 so mabye

don’t worry the tach has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the cluster. so you can at least have that part working.

there are proboly a few fuses that would effect it working did you check all of the fuses in the fuse box? likely somthing else wouldn’t work also…

as long as the display unit has power you could have nothing else hooked up and it would light up and say 0

You can then check for power with a multi meter you’ll need to download a copy of the FSM to check which wires supply power to the unit, they will all be in the small black plug on the back of the cluster, directly beside where the headsup unit plugs in.

Got it working today! It was a 10 amp fuse on the driver side kick panel. Thanks to everyone for their help!

Remember what i said when we were coming back from picking it up?
lol:cool:

ya but i went out last night to show my dad i got it working and it wouldnt come on lol…sooo i checked the fuse again and it was fine so we will have to see if it feels like working today