Coupe HUD problems

Before you harp at me, I have searched and just found info about when it doesn’t work at all.

Mine works most of the time, but the last few mornings when it’s been below zero it hasn’t worked until the car warmed up and I blew some heat into the interior. Neither the HUD or the speedo in the cluster works so I don’t know how fast I’m going while I’m freezing my ass off. I love mornings.

Also one especially cold night I had to move my car into the driveway and neither the speedo or cluster lights worked. The cluster lights have worked every other time.

Any suggestions or maybe a link to some thread I missed in my searches?

Thanks.

Also a random question, does anyone know off hand if the digital speedo has the same calibration dial the analog speedo does?

Not sure if you checked this out, but it still might be saveable.

sounds like what was happening to mine. Followed that same tech article and now it works perfectly. Good luck with the soldering. Found the solder didn’t want to stick very well.

Did you have the cluster lights going out too?

After reading that write up it sounds like it’s the case since they test it by warming up the capacitor.

Brendan, my old winter beater had exactly the same problem. Wouldn’t work at all tll it warmed up…then it stopped working altogether, did that fix and it worked like a charm.