computer help

I got a used mother board and processor 800 mhz but the owner told me that he put superglue to hold the fans to the processor. I took it apart and i can see some spots of glue on the board.

can super glue f up a motherboard ?
thanks im going on tigerdirrect n ordering some crappy new parts

where is it on the board?

Originally posted by turbovw18
where is it on the board?

on the board, next to the other board.

idealy you would want the superglue to act as an isulant that shouldn’t hurt anything…

what processor is it? and what fan? did you just get the correct fan or are you going to leave this one superglued?

Originally posted by Shaggy
on the board, next to the other board.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by turbovw18
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:finger:

go over and fix it for him:69:

the glue and teh fan and the processor were said to be fine but nothing is working then i heard a constant beep bepp beep so i pulled the processor and put it back now nothing :frowning: im also trying to adda new hard drive so i duno if the hard drive and the connection to it are messed up. Im too tired to piss around with it right now but any ideas and ill try em

you put ram in it right?

yup 1 and 3rd bank left the middle one open cause i didnt have anymore 196 megs so far

i forget the beep code, but if its a constant long beep then it means their is a power issue, i think if its 3 short beeps it has something to do with RAM

sounds like its time to get a new computer silver

put the ram side by side

last time i got along beep it was power, due to a celeron fan on a pentium chip = overheating…

SuperGlue?

That would be a bad thing, more than likely it’s ruined.

thanks for the help guys. Yeah its all old parts i put together to make a ghetto computer so i dont hog the main comp at home.