Contest -- find the car with the largest depreciation.

Yeah, I know. I do believe they had a retail value assigned to them, and in the end they had to be thrown in the trash. So $0…

I added the pink because they weren’t retail, but they did kinda-sorta have 100% depreciation.

SL65 is crazy, I looked at them last year on autotrader and new ones were $305,000 but 3 year old ones were $60,000. Only 1 percenters can afford the repairs but they only buy new so…

$240,000 in 3 years blows away the $90,000 in 10 year old 850 loss.

SL65 MSRP was $198,750.

Black edition was 300k+

Ok, but still.

It’s painful to see the original MSRP on some of these cars.

Largest amount in shortest period of time. $100,000 over ten years isn’t the same as $70,000 in 5 years.

'99 911 MSRP 1.385 Becks.
Cost now: 0.25 Becks.

(97k down to 17500)

Your Becks are way off :wtc:

Kind of hard to determine isnt it? I mean way to many factors in this situations. Year car was produced… the year it was now bought used, the mileage and body condition of the vehicle… cost of a vehicle now compared to 10 years ago. I just see this being to hard to determain.

How about if the car was sold at sticker or discounted as an end of the year sale.

All the 65 AMG cars have ridiculous depreciation for how new they still are.

I think highest average depreciation per year, over 5 or more years would be the best way to measure this.

Domestic it would go to the Ford Crown Vic, but that’s because of fleet sales driving the price down. 09’s for 5-7k :lol:

Say we are talking about a Porsche… One that is a 2008 You buy it new…1 mile on the car. You sell it with 10k miles. How about that same car with 300k on it and still the same year. You think its going to be a dramatic difference? haha.

Way to many factors. This needs to be more straight forward.

Each year, set limit on Miles the car was bought and sold with, body condition. etc

Saabs seem to be losing their value like whoa. You can find legit nice 00ish 9-3 turbos for under 3 grand. They were over 25k-44k new. That is a pretty serous amount of depreciation in a decade.

Lincoln Mk VIIIs are another good example. They were outrageous new. Here’s a local one that is a good example: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2773819000.html

Eddie Bauer and Limited Ford SUVs were stupid expensive when they were new. They are essentially worthless now.

All big German cars. People who buy S-classes don’t do it to have a 5 year old model.

good point yammy

xlr v’s dropped like 30k+ in a yr

Jag XJRs… MSRP 100k+ and they can be had 5 years old for ~20ish.

I’d say new model domestic pickup trucks… my buddy picked up an 05 f150 brand new leftover (in '06) for $24k…and the sticker price was $38k. That’s $14k in one year if some poor sap paid sticker price

I should have never clicked on that link… ugh.
hmmm

Yeah, but that car is 6 years old and has over 100k miles on it. I better hope the price of that car has dropped substantually. Its at the point where things are going to be needing replacement on it. Unfortunately, I see these cars as a money pit now. High end luxury cars = expensive stupid things to fix. (head light levelers on a lexus can go for $400 a piece, just to position where the headlights will point on a hill or turn.)

How much was a 350z in 2005 new? how much is it now with 104k on it?

There are several out there right now with 1/3 the miles and still under $40k…

350z is the gayest car ever.