Contest -- find the car with the largest depreciation.

I was eating a sandwich and thinking about cars that got super cheap.

So for fun, who can find a car for sale that has had the biggest $$$ drop from its MSRP.

No salvage, super modded, or other tricks to lower price.

I’m guessing it has to be something like a BMW 8 or CL65 type car??

I’d say a better representation would be through % of original value. Because obviously the higher end cars will have a greater dollar value decrease.

that would be weird because of inflation. plus my one makes for some interesting cars for nyspeeders to buy.

7 Series? Phaeton? S-Class?

850i without a doubt.

I think the sticker on mine was like $94,000 with delivery and tax. I paid $4k for it.

/thread lol

90k depreciation is pretty serious… I wonder if this can be beat.

Agreed. % makes more sense than just pure dollars.

EDIT: mid 90’s SL600 is sub 20k and they were 120ish new, so that’s over 100k depreciation. 03 Murcielagos were close to 300k and are now well under 150k.

welp, that only took 4 posts

looks like the thread is not over yet. Murcielago might take it.

I’ve heard that some veyrons get sold used for $300k less than new, but can’t find one right now.

Late 90’s XK8, one could easily be snagged for $6K-$8K . 10% of the original MSRP.

GM eV1?

This makes the most sense but on the other hand it’s a lot more fun to look at the higher end cars. With that being said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mercedes-CL65-AMG-Ultimate-Cheater-Phenominal-Condition-/370580126410?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item56484bfaca

Original MSRP $182k, BIN price of $27k.

Would love to have one of these in my garage some day.

BMW 7 or 8 series… they’re worth more in scrap than as cars sometimes.

I remember reading about a Rolls Royce that depreciated about $1200/week for the first 2 years.

GM never sold one. So hard to calculate depreciation.

How about most dep. in the shortest amount of time?

Didn’t the guy (walker maybe) with the Porsche say his depreciated $4 per mile?

996TT drop an average of ~$8500 per year for the first two model years.

i never made that statement.

im pretty sure i picked up my car when the 996 was at rock bottom pricing cause now they are back up to 50k+ for one in similar shape/milage

my car retailed at 147k…LOLOLOL